Main Menu

Started by Demacus, August 13, 2011, 11:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

So, here's a question about Post's Inherant ability.  I found this on the overpower.ca site:

The Location Exclusion Inherent
"May not be attacked by (card type) from a Location."

Activated: From the onset of the game.
Rules:

•Modifies what the opponent can use to target the character.
•Inherents which discuss "Location" cards refer to Locations being used either as a Home Base (and prevent Aspect cards from being used against the character) or as a Battlesite (and prevent Specials played via Activators from being used against the character).
Character Examples:

•Post (1-6-4-6) "May not be attacked by any card from a Location."

So, here's the question, do you HAVE to have the version of Post WITH THIS Inherant written upon it, or does it retroactively affect the earlier printed verison of Post, which has the exact same stats as this one, but was printed before Inherant Abilities really took shape?

Jack

Officially, only the Monumental version of Post has Inherent abilities. Dark Beast was also in that promo and he received an IA.

Demacus

Yes, but his IA was the same as the only IA's around at that time, "{X} may place and play {Y}'s Special Cards." but I follow your response.  Makes sense, I was just wondering if they ever ruled that, since he's not a clone or variant, that he should have the same IA.

Jack

Probably not, it would have been easier to get Post from Monument packs than to get them at OP events or from the comic books.