New Guy... Accidental Inserts

Started by SkittleDaddy, April 27, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkittleDaddy

I was just doing some browsing the other evening (had to wait for Admin authorization)and thought I'd see what (if anything) is still out there for my favorite game from when I was growing up.
I loved Overpower and collected them all the way up until the end.

I'm looking forward to my sons being old enough to introduce them to the fun (my oldest is 9, so he's starting to understand the rules/strategies; I just need to "convert" him from Pokemon).

I amassed quite a collection in my day. And am proud to say I still have them all.
I never actually got a chance to play in any tournaments (I was too young and lived in Northern Minnesota), but loved playing against my two brothers.

I was reading some of the threads about the Accidental Inserts...
I knew they were rare and valuable but I had no idea they'd still be this coveted after all these years.

Somehow, while visiting my cousins in Yakima, WA, I was lucky enough to find a box of Classic packs that literally had one Accidental Insert IN EACH PACK!! Once I caught on to my little jackpot, I went back and purchased the entire rest of the store's box (which was quite a big deal for me and my limited teenage budget).

By the time it was all said and done, I ended up 2 cards short of having 4 entire "sets" of the Accidental Inserts along with a few mis-matched extras.
Talk about a trading power!! I traded some of them with some of the biggest OP names out there at the time (including the "all-powerful" Gary Martin, Jr.) for almost every card on my Wish List, numerous boxes of new packs (X-Men and Image, both of which were getting hard to find in my remote area of the country) and cash.

Needless to say the games against my brothers were a little one-sided after those massive trades, but it was still fun to mix things up.

It's nice to see all of you dedicated fans keeping the game alive after all of these years.

Oh, and just in case you're interested, here's what I still have left:
Krakoa x2
Any-Power Teamwork x1
Xavier Protocols x2
Avenger's ID Card x2
Image Inducer x1
Any Char: Deal w/ the Devil x3

drdeath25

Wow bro, sell those inserts and youll be RICH. There is a dude on this board with the screen name BlueFire. He has been looking for more sets of inserts for himself. He will probably buy them all from you in a lot and pay fair market value if you are willing to part with a set or two. Send him a PM, and see what he says. Current EBAY market value for a set of inserts is about 2,000-3,000 a set. And thats IF you can find them on ebay. I have only seen one copy of the 6AP teamwork and Avengers ID Card on ebay in the last 3 years. The Krakoa and Image inducer are fairly easy to come by. While the Protocols and Devil are still pretty rare and can fetch a nice penny, but the real money is in the Teamwork and Avengers ID card.

And i think everyone traded with Gary Martin Jr back in the day. It was gold to be on his list of good traders back then before most people used ebay and had all the positive feedback and whatnot.

Welcome to the board. Good to have you here. I hope you stick around to discuss this game we have all grown up with and love.

BlueFire

Hi SkittleDaddy,

As drdeath25 mentioned, I am interested in the inserts and would like to work out a deal with you.

I will send you a message on here.  Also, feel free to email me directly at pkeffer1@gmail.com

Thanks,

Phil Keffer
aka Bluefire

OP GOD

I also would be interested in acquiring a few of these cards. Please email me at layloproductions@gmail.com. With details.

I will make the transaction fast and efficient.

Marcel
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

SkittleDaddy

Thanks for the warm welcome (and the PMs), everyone.

Like I said in my original post. I new the inserts were rare at the time, but never expected them to still be this highly coveted. What I really need to do is get a hold of my brothers' collections, too. They each got a couple of these cards (they bought a pack or two from the same box before I knew it was a jackpot); I wonder if any of theirs were the Any Teamworks? It'd be nice to see if together we have two full sets.

I haven't given much thought as to what I'd like to do from here. I hadn't ruled out selling them, but they hold a little sentiment to me too. I've never done an eBay type deal before (buy or sell), but it sounds like I found the right forum to help me decide.

Jack

I've heard conflicting stories about the Classic Inserts but I'm starting to believe this one. So it appears that you need a lucky box to get one of these packs.

I'm not interested in purchasing but hopefully they'll be sold to the right people who aren't looking to simply flip the card for a profit.

It would be nice to scan them for the site. My current images are scans from forum member Bios. I just like to keep all scans consistent so hopefully in the future I'll have 10 minutes with them to finally scan the last 2 cards.

BlueFire

I know of someone that opened a full box and only got one Xavier Protocols.   

So it doesn't have to be a completely lucky box, but it sure is nice to know that lucky boxes exist!

I'm also fairly confident I will pay more than the dealers, so you can rest soundly Jack ;)

Jack

And so the legend continues but at least there's a very minute chance to pull one from a pack.

Tussin

interesting... i didn't think they were that valuable. out of my snack bracket, but yeah good stuff to know <3

SkittleDaddy

Per a few requests, here are some photos of my inserts.
Especially the Any Teamwork and Avengers ID.
Let me know if you want to see anymore close-ups.

BlueFire,
That mirror pic is a tough one to get.

drdeath25

Sexy, Sexy.

Who needs Ebay when you already having a bidding war 24 hours after posting on a small forum?

BlueFire

Thanks for the photos, they look great!

breadmaster

it makes sense that the inserts would be bunched together, based on the uncut sheet bios posted a while back. 

a question for skittle:

bios' sheet also had tons of other rare cards on it.  were the packs you bought also rare-heavy, as well as insert-heavy?

SkittleDaddy

Quote from: breadmaster on April 29, 2014, 03:45:36 PM
it makes sense that the inserts would be bunched together, based on the uncut sheet bios posted a while back. 

a question for skittle:

bios' sheet also had tons of other rare cards on it.  were the packs you bought also rare-heavy, as well as insert-heavy?

While it was a long time ago, and I don't remember the specifics of the rest of the cards, I do not remember anything else spectacular (like rare-heavy) about the packs in question.
I guess whoever stuffed the packs felt one insert per pack was spectacular enough? That is if he/she/it knew what they were stuffing in there in the first place...

Onslaught

If someone buys them all as a set, trade me the Krakoa thanks in advance.

To SkittleDaddy, I will give you lots of Skittles if you sell me Krakoa, thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance everyone. Thanks.