New Guy... Accidental Inserts

Started by SkittleDaddy, April 27, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

drdeath25

So are you going to sell your collection of inserts?

TheBradness

So, I was on perusing the boards late last night right before I went to bed.  In my dream, one of my students had an OP collection of about 20 OP cards.  In it were 2 Xavier Protocol accidental inserts.  While she had no idea of the value of the cards, I certainly did.  I offered her $17 for the two card and she agreed.  I took possession of the cards, told her I would bring her the money later, then never did.

To me, this is a sign:  Skittles, I will give you $17 for your Xavier Protocols and then proceed to not send the money.  Final Offer.

Onslaught

Quote from: TheBradness on May 02, 2014, 11:15:40 AM
In it were 2 Xavier Protocol accidental inserts.  While she had no idea of the value of the cards, I certainly did.  I offered her $17 for the two card and she agreed.  I took possession of the cards, told her I would bring her the money later, then never did.

BornAgain79 alt account spotted.

TheBradness

ROFL.  The same thing came to my mind when I posted hahaha

SkittleDaddy

Quote from: drdeath25 on May 02, 2014, 01:14:51 AM
So are you going to sell your collection of inserts?

Haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm quite sure I will sell them.
I'm trying to find out what inserts my brothers got to see if there's another complete set or not when we combine them together.

theorangeking

I am also interested. Let me know if any are still available. I would love to give some away as prizes at the Buffalo tourney.

LDVanEtten@gmail.com

theOrangeOne

odbjosh

Quote from: Onslaught on May 03, 2014, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: TheBradness on May 02, 2014, 11:15:40 AM
In it were 2 Xavier Protocol accidental inserts.  While she had no idea of the value of the cards, I certainly did.  I offered her $17 for the two card and she agreed.  I took possession of the cards, told her I would bring her the money later, then never did.

BornAgain79 alt account spotted.

^ exactly!

Carlos7195

This makes me want to open my unopened box of classic.....

BasiliskFang

Quote from: Carlos7195 on July 04, 2014, 11:56:09 AM
This makes me want to open my unopened box of classic.....
wtf are you waiting for?

SkittleDaddy

Quote from: SkittleDaddy on April 27, 2014, 11:44:04 PM
I was just doing some browsing the other evening (had to wait for Admin authorization)and thought I'd see what (if anything) is still out there for my favorite game from when I was growing up.
I loved Overpower and collected them all the way up until the end.

I'm looking forward to my sons being old enough to introduce them to the fun (my oldest is 9, so he's starting to understand the rules/strategies; I just need to "convert" him from Pokemon).

I amassed quite a collection in my day. And am proud to say I still have them all.
I never actually got a chance to play in any tournaments (I was too young and lived in Northern Minnesota), but loved playing against my two brothers.

I was reading some of the threads about the Accidental Inserts...
I knew they were rare and valuable but I had no idea they'd still be this coveted after all these years.

Somehow, while visiting my cousins in Yakima, WA, I was lucky enough to find a box of Classic packs that literally had one Accidental Insert IN EACH PACK!! Once I caught on to my little jackpot, I went back and purchased the entire rest of the store's box (which was quite a big deal for me and my limited teenage budget).

By the time it was all said and done, I ended up 2 cards short of having 4 entire "sets" of the Accidental Inserts along with a few mis-matched extras.
Talk about a trading power!! I traded some of them with some of the biggest OP names out there at the time (including the "all-powerful" Gary Martin, Jr.) for almost every card on my Wish List, numerous boxes of new packs (X-Men and Image, both of which were getting hard to find in my remote area of the country) and cash.

Needless to say the games against my brothers were a little one-sided after those massive trades, but it was still fun to mix things up.

It's nice to see all of you dedicated fans keeping the game alive after all of these years.

Oh, and just in case you're interested, here's what I still have left:
Krakoa x2
Any-Power Teamwork x1
Xavier Protocols x2
Avenger's ID Card x2
Image Inducer x1
Any Char: Deal w/ the Devil x3

Hosted a mini-tourney today between my 10-year-old and my 8-year-old. No missions, just basic KO-style.

Dang, that was fun!!!

Hope they enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. Even if they won't get the joy of getting new cards from a pack, I know they enjoyed themselves today.
I guess they're stuck with "whatever Dad's got", which at least I can admit is a respectable selection.