Hello!

Started by Majestic, August 25, 2018, 12:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majestic

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be here, as I'm a big fan of Overpower.  I've been playing, mostly with my one son, since it originally came out (the first set).  Though we often go years between games now, we've grabbed a few new cards recently and have been dusting off the old decks (and plan to make some new ones!)

I'm pretty experienced with CCGs, having been a playtester for many of them.  I was even the Designer of one (a pretty big one), though not directly working for a big company.

With OP, I've always only played it casually.  One friend of mine, though, was one of the first World Champions of the game, though that happened a few years before I met him.  In fact, I just was reading through an old issue of Scrye magazine (a mag I used to regularly write for) and I saw a two-page spread that showed all about his win (which was big $ back in the day).

Looking forward to interacting with you fine folks here! :)

BasiliskFang

So I'll guess the game

Magic? Older than OverPower, improbable
Yugioh, Japanese very improbable
Net runner, very probable
Arc system, probable
Hearthstone, probable.
Pokemon, improbable
Force of will, improbable
Dragon ball super. Probable
Ufs, very probable

Did I guess it?

Majestic

Good guesses, but nope.

Star Wars CCG (Decipher).

BasiliskFang

did you work on young jedi?

fennshysa

Ooooh, My other old game that i like to make cards for! Welcome!

Would that make you Jerry Darcy?

Majestic

Nope, though Jerry is a friend of mine.

And I was a playtester on Young Jedi for its entire run.

My name is Doug Taylor, and I was a Squadron Member, Flight Leader, playtester, and then - for a few years - the designer of virtual cards (when Decipher lost the license and turned the game over to us in the Player's Committee).

fennshysa

Cool. I remember you from the early days of v-slips.

Majestic

Very cool!  Small world!  8)