My Introduction - Palatinus

Started by Palatinus, March 30, 2011, 09:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Hello everybody.  I've been around since the beginning since I made this place.  Well, I created and host the forum at least.  I haven't really posted as much in the past but now that I have people I am able to play with I hope to be more of a presence.  My history with Overpower is pretty thin.  It was the first card game my friends and I started collecting.  I was introduced to it by a friend and we played up through DC but stopped before collecting any IQ.  We had gotten into Magic by that time and there was a much much larger playing pool for that in our area.  Ironically, that has since disappeared and I have to travel nearly an hour to play Magic.  I got back into Overpower about three years ago.  I went on a buying spree and bought up everything I could get my hands on.  I wound up with two boxes of Classic, a bunch of Monumental, a box of X-Men, a ton of the original, dc, a box of Powersurge, almost a full box of Image, and various random collections of cards which is where most of my IQ cards came from.  Between all the cards I bought my wife and I both wound up with a fairly robust set of cards each.

The people I play with now are my wife, my friend who taught me originally, and I have recently taught my mom to play.  The hobby shop where I play Magic has a large constituency but I have yet to find anyone who even remembers Overpower.  I play Overpower up there with my wife though in the hopes of drawing attention to the game.

So that's me and Overpower.  I'm looking forward to anyone else who wants to post a mini-bio.

Palatinus

Also, forgot to add, the idea for this board was something that Nate Grey sent me in a message, so thanks to him.

Jack

Do you have an actual box of Image boosters? I want to know what logos are present on the box to get some logo crops complete.

Palatinus

Unfortunately the person I bought the packs from just sent the packs in a brown box.  I was glad just to get the cards, but it would have been nice to have the original box.

Jack

Same story here, I bought about 20 packs but no Image display box.

drdeath25

I have the image display box, but i don't have any of the empty booster packs...

Jack

Do any of the Image OverPower logos have that yellow bar at the bottom of it?

drdeath25

The yellow bar below it thats "Expansion Set"? Yes it has that on every single Image Overpower logo on the box, one on each side.

Ill describe it to you:

Top of Box: - Left Top corner has text in white "Fan Favorite Character", "Stand-Alone Expansion" , "Fully Compatible", "And More!", "36 ct.". Then it has a large Image overpower logo in the center with the yellow bar "Expansion Set". The pictures are of spawn and Fairchild (i think its her... green costume w/ red hair?"

Front Side: Image Ovepower logo w/ yellow "expansion set" bar. Picture of Ripclar. Text "Featuring All Your Favorite Characters From:" " - Erik Larsen", - "Todd Mcfarlane Productions" "- Top Cow Productions", "Jim Valentino Studios", "Wildstorm Productions".

Left Side:Small Image Overpower logo in the top righ  w/ yellow "expansion set" bar with pics of Grifter, and some guy with guns and and a metal arm (and eye)..... Sorry i dont know my image character names very well, when i should since they all have overpower cards.

Right Side: Small Image overpower logo in top left w/ yellow "expansion set" bar. Pics of Shadowhawk and Savage Dragon

Back Side: Large Image Overpower logo w/ yellow "expansion set" bar. Marvel Interactive Logo, Wildstorm Logo and Image Logo.

Bottom is just all white with copyrights and bar code.

Hope that answers what you are looking for. If you really need them I could take some pics for you.

Jack

All I need was the confirmation of the yellow bar on the actual logo. I guess a logo without it just doesn't exist and I have to 'create' the bottom of the triangle from scratch. It doesn't look as nice though.

Nate Grey

Quote from: Palatinus on March 30, 2011, 09:09:54 AM
Also, forgot to add, the idea for this board was something that Nate Grey sent me in a message, so thanks to him.

No need to have mentioned that but you're welcome nonetheless.  ;D

Palatinus

Quote from: Nate Grey on April 01, 2011, 01:10:29 AM
Quote from: Palatinus on March 30, 2011, 09:09:54 AM

No need to have mentioned that but you're welcome nonetheless.  ;D

Yeah, plus, anyone who doesn't like it can also blame you and not just me!  See how great that is?