Introduction of hot dog cart

Started by HotDogCart, April 02, 2011, 10:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotDogCart

Nate Grey

Hello again HDC. Very creative username.  ;)

Nostalgic

Quote from: hotdogcart on April 02, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
... I am the Hot Dog Cart!  ::)

You don't seem thrilled about the name...you... chose.  :D

Welcome.  :)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

HotDogCart

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 02, 2011, 03:53:34 PM
Quote from: hotdogcart on April 02, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
... I am the Hot Dog Cart!  ::)

You don't seem thrilled about the name...you... chose.  :D

Welcome.  :)
:D I like it a lot. I just didn't know what to say and wanted to post something. :)

metaphist

The real question is, are you being thrown by Venom for +1? Or is he simply adding to his strength from the oh so nutritious American delicacies...

HotDogCart

Quote from: metaphist on April 02, 2011, 09:03:37 PM
The real question is, are you being thrown by Venom for +1? Or is he simply adding to his strength from the oh so nutritious American delicacies...

Good question! I am going to go with  simply adding to his strength from the oh so nutritious American delicacies.  :D

BigBadHarve

Welcome to the boards. Am I to assume (if I've read posts correctly) that you are Palatinus' significant other?

-BBH

HotDogCart

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 04, 2011, 12:44:02 PM
Welcome to the boards. Am I to assume (if I've read posts correctly) that you are Palatinus' significant other?

-BBH

Thanks :) I am Palatinus' wife. We have been together going on 10 years.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: hotdogcart on April 04, 2011, 10:01:41 PM

Yay! I love marriages! It's pretty great that you guys can play together. My wife can't handle this type of game, but we still play other stuff  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

JohnL

Quote from: ncannelora on April 04, 2011, 11:53:57 PM

Yay! I love marriages! It's pretty great that you guys can play together. My wife can't handle this type of game, but we still play other stuff  :)

Heh. The family that plays together stays together. Cherie and I played Overpower from the release of the first set all the way to the bitter end. Of the game. Happily our marriage continued...

BigBadHarve

Quote from: JohnL on April 05, 2011, 01:02:28 AM

Heh. The family that plays together stays together. Cherie and I played Overpower from the release of the first set all the way to the bitter end. Of the game. Happily our marriage continued...

Very nice!

My current lady and I have a long distance relationship. But even when we're together, sadly, I get the hairy eyeball if I suggest teaching her to play...

Some of my Overpower associates from back in the day were always mentioning you guys (Marcel Lojet, Mike Sutton etc) but I never had the pleasure of meeting you myself. I understand you were quite the titans....

-BBH

HotDogCart

I enjoy overpower. I never even heard of the game until Palatinus introduced me to it. Some card games he has a very hard time getting me to play. Example: Magic the gathering :P. I dont know what it is about that game, but I find it very hard to get interested in it.

EDIT: I like MTG now too :)

Nostalgic

Quote from: hotdogcart on April 05, 2011, 05:58:17 PM
I enjoy overpower. I never even heard of the game until Palatinus introduced me to it. Some card games he has a very hard time getting me to play. Example: Magic the gathering :P. I dont know what it is about that game, but I find it very hard to get interested in it.

I can relate to that. I've watched magic card games, and read some of the rules, but it simply does nothing for me.  :-\   I know some people can/would play any card game and study rules and get into it competitively, but I can't.  Overpower will always have a uniquely special place in my heart due to the characters involved, its simple mechanics, and the various tactically intricate posibilities any given hand may present.  :) 
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 05, 2011, 07:15:45 PM
Quote from: hotdogcart on April 05, 2011, 05:58:17 PM

I can relate to that. I've watched magic card games, and read some of the rules, but it simply does nothing for me.  :-\   I know some people can/would play any card game and study rules and get into it competitively, but I can't.  Overpower will always have a uniquely special place in my heart due to the characters involved, its simple mechanics, and the various tactically intricate posibilities any given hand may present.  :) 

Magic never really grabbed me, either. I don't hate it, I've played a few games. If I know someone who has a deck built, I'll play. But to get my own cards and collect/play... not gonna happen. Overpower was the first and last CCG I had any interest in.

-BBH

Nate Grey

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 05, 2011, 11:31:50 PM
Magic never really grabbed me, either. I don't hate it, I've played a few games. If I know someone who has a deck built, I'll play. But to get my own cards and collect/play... not gonna happen. Overpower was the first and last CCG I had any interest in.

-BBH

That could have been me saying the exact same thing. The only time I've played Magic was with the free online tutorial but that's about it. Although it was fun, I have no desire to get the cards. Overpower is also my first and last ever CCG.