Membership Drive

Started by Palatinus, April 07, 2011, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

If you know anyone who is interested in Overpower and/or comics and isn't already a member, or is a member but hasn't been on lately, please get them to come to the site.  Also, if you know anyone on other forums of if you are on other forums with tangential interests, like comics or other games involving the characters, please post there pointing people here.

gameplan.exe

Trying to get sponsors?  ;)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Ha, no.  I just like having more people.  When I first started the forum I scoured the internet for people and came back with some pretty good responses.  A lot of the people who used to be in the site, the bulk of the ones that were around when I first made it actually, are no longer on the site.  It doesn't cost me much to have this website up.  Like $120 a year or something like that and that's for the whole storage space and bandwidth of which this forum uses only a tiny fraction.  My long term hopes would be a semi-revival of the game or at least something that could get Marvel's attention.

Nostalgic

Quote from: Palatinus on April 07, 2011, 01:41:56 PM
Also, if you know anyone on other forums of if you are on other forums with tangential interests, like comics or other games involving the characters, please post there pointing people here.

I think the "point" folks were making in the feedback topic was the site's focus should be overpower.  If you introduce/dilute it with too many 'tangential interests' you lose the core.  (unless you focus all the tangential stuff under 'off topic.')
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Palatinus

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 07, 2011, 05:39:08 PM
I think the "point" folks were making in the feedback topic was the site's focus should be overpower.  If you introduce/dilute it with too many 'tangential interests' you lose the core.  (unless you focus all the tangential stuff under 'off topic.')

It would be very hard to dilute a game about comic book characters who are the reason people are interested in the game with talk about the comic book characters who are the reason people are interested in the game.

Post Merge: July 10, 2011, 09:05:16 PM

A really nice thing would be for people who are interested in things like comics who don't know about Overpower to get exposed to Overpower and then maybe start to collect and play.