Hello everyone

Started by plenau, July 06, 2011, 11:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plenau

Hello to the still alive Overpower community!

My name is Pete, and I came across this site during a random Google search.  For the record (if anyone still has the old ones) I think my official W/L was 1-1.  Or maybe 2-2, it's been so long.  I started collecting these cards when they first came out, mostly because I was a comic geek and didn't really play Magic, Rage, or even Highlander like my friends did. 

Wow, I honestly didn't expect to find a fan site still running...much less holding their own tournaments.  To be honest, it makes me a little sad because I still love the game but found the site for an ulterior motive.  Like many others, I started back in high school and that puts me in my early 30's now.  I know, that hurts to even type.  I'm buying my first home soon, and attempting to raise funds for things like furniture while having less to pack.  So yes, I found this site while investigating ways to sell my collection.  I'll be creating that thread in a few minutes, so I won't make you read any more about it here.

I will probably spend a few hours here just looking through threads like the Overpower history thread, which I started before my account was activated.  I thought I knew pretty much everything about OP, but I'll be gladly proven wrong.  Back in the day, I was part of some various sites and threads dedicated to trading OP and creating their own expansions.  Wrestling was big back then, and I (with my rudimentary skills and 1994 Acer computer) took the templates for character cards and specials and made ECW Overpower.   :o  I know...I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that.  LOL.  Good times.

Anyway, hope you all prosper and play on with this game for years to come.  Come see my collection thread if interested, especially if you know someone looking for a large collection.  Thanks.

Jack

plenau

Hahahaha!  Yep, that's me!  Took place at a Graham Crackers (edit: Windy City...really?) comics here in Illinois.  Opponent #5 was a friend of mine who traveled to the tourney with me. 

Honestly, I just wanted to play and meet some people.  I didn't design my deck for winning like the X-babies decks, mostly wanted to use some of my favorite comic characters.  The last guy had a Scarlet Witch deck if I remember correctly that was pretty good.  Just pounded my mission ventures into dust.

Wow.  That memory flooded back.  Thank you for the research!  Now, someone find my old ECW Overpower.  ;)

EDIT:  LOL.  Well yeah, he was good....ranked #3 overall.  I forgot all about that.  I'll take in the 200's myself and be happy.  I forgot how many big people were around.  I met Erick Counts back then, played Paul Wildhaber.  Good people.  I think a little trading went on.  :)

Nate Grey

Welcome to the forums. So cool to have more OP players join every day.  :)