Hello Everyone!

Started by thetrooper27, November 03, 2012, 04:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

I happened upon this message board as I was looking for some cool homemade characters.  I'm a huge OP fan and have quite a collection, but I have only one friend who has a comparable collection or any interest in playing... that's it.  No one around here plays much OP so I was hoping I could get my fix from you guys.  I really enjoy making up new cards, and I've even tried to think of new creative ways to play overpower with the gigantic collection I have that seems to call out to me from time to time, only for me to have to decline because there's simply no one to play with.  I used to talk to some fellas from the New England Overpower ring a few years back... if anyone is familiar with some of that, let me know.  They had some neat ideas. 

This is just a hello.  I look forward to getting some cool ideas and seeing some neat homemade characters and even getting some cool deck design ideas.  Maybe I can get a few of my old friends to play if I can make the game new and fresh for them.  I look forward to getting acquainted with you all.  It broke  my heart to discover that I wouldn't be able to get my own printed set of Marvels... I just missed out.  Breaks my heart.  My ultimate goal, I would have to say, would be to meet up with a bunch of fellas and play some cards.  I watched some of the youtub videos and I sat here excited as I could get that that might actually happen!  I couldn't even sleep.  So feel free to introduce yourselves, point me to the threads that might interest me, and forgive me if my forum ettiquette is bad... I haven't posted in years.  Take care everyone!
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

breadmaster

greetings...i wouldn't sweat forum ettiquette too much

for deck building ideas, check out this thread: http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/deck-construction/champion-deck/

for loads of customs, check out the custom section on the main page

also check out 'overpower online' to play games online

enjoy!

rucker73

Welcome aboard!

Another good idea...  and it really kills me to say this...  is to search through the threads for some old posts by Onslaught.  He had some very interesting and insightful posts that really delved into deck building ideas and the history of the game.
"Wade! into action!"

CoS

I 2nd the idea of the Onslaught search.  What Rucker was alluding to was Onslaught's demenor when he posted responses to criticism but that in no way detracts from his insights and obviously successful play history and knowledge of the game. I highly suggest you read all of his initial posts, the responses you could probably do without, flame wars are bothersome that way.

Nate Grey

Welcome to the forums, trooper! Definitely spend time immersing yourself through the forums. I know it got addicting for me when I first joined and read through all the wonderful insights into the game and how it had evolved since my pre-IQ playing days. I couldn't read through everything fast enough.  ;D And like Breadmaster has mentioned, many people here play Overpower online.

thetrooper27

Thought I'd drop in and see what's going on in the overpower world! Been awhile since I could engage with you guys. Some of my decks were stolen and I lost alot of great cards, but I hope to replace what's missing.

So fill me in! Everyone still play in Buffalo? You guys adding to the game to keep the meta fresh? Have we lost anyone? Details please!
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Fractales

Hey Trooper. Welcome.

Are you anywhere near Detroit? I'm always looking for people to play a few games with.