Placing Any Heroes/Characters

Started by Kal-el, March 08, 2011, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-el

What are the restrictions on placing Any Hero cards? I know Bastion specifically states what happens to it but what about the others?

Obviously once it's placed it can only be used by that character, but can it still affect others? That is, could you use a placed Guardian Angel to avoid an attack made on a teammate?

Thanks.

BigBadHarve

Heya!

The only instances where you can place an any hero are:

1. When they specifically say they may be placed. (Bastion, Savage Land and New Universe/Fortress of Solitude)
2. When using Team OverPower as a Homebase.
3. With the DC event that states anyheroes may be placed.

In the case of Team Overpower, even when placed it's still usable by anyone on the team. In all other cases, it's only playable by the character to whom it's placed.

I hope that helps.

-BBH

Kal-el

Thanks! I suspected that might be the case, but wasn't sure.

gameplan.exe

Quote2. When using Team OverPower as a Homebase.

I've always been a little sketchy on this. When placing an ANY HERO by use of the TEAM OVERPOWER Homebase, is the AnyHero placed to the HomeBase itself (like an Aspect)? or do you have to place it to a character?

I suspect it's placed to a character.

If that's the case, and because they're still used by/for everyone on the team, what about if I place an AnyHero to my Reserve? Would it then be limited to use only if/when the Reserve character is able to play?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: ncannelora on March 08, 2011, 01:57:21 PM
I've always been a little sketchy on this. When placing an ANY HERO by use of the TEAM OVERPOWER Homebase, is the AnyHero placed to the HomeBase itself (like an Aspect)? or do you have to place it to a character?

I suspect it's placed to a character.

If that's the case, and because they're still used by/for everyone on the team, what about if I place an AnyHero to my Reserve? Would it then be limited to use only if/when the Reserve character is able to play?

No, the card is placed to the homebase. It's also the only homebase that allows you to place the A-next aspect. You can have one special and one aspect.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

rucker73

I have a question of my own then.  If you place Bastion to Team Overpower rather than to one of your characters, does it still have the stipulation of only being able to negate other any heroes or can it still be used as a regular negate?
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on March 08, 2011, 03:14:40 PM
I have a question of my own then.  If you place Bastion to Team Overpower rather than to one of your characters, does it still have the stipulation of only being able to negate other any heroes or can it still be used as a regular negate?

The stipulation stands. The card has still been placed, and there's nothing on Team Overpower that indicates that placed anyhero specials are still considered a part of your 'hand.'

-BBH

rucker73

"Wade! into action!"

Nate Grey

Not sure about these question pertaining to Any Heroes so thought I'd ask them here.

Can you follow up the Any Hero Death from Above with another Any Hero card (ie Gamma Terror or Alien Symbiote)?

Can a teammate play an Any Hero Card as a follow up to FE encoded specials (ie. Adam Warlock - Cosmic Alliance)?

Can an Any Hero Card follow up AA cards that allow for an additional attack?

Palatinus

Quote from: Nate Grey on April 24, 2011, 02:47:01 AM
Not sure about these question pertaining to Any Heroes so thought I'd ask them here.

Can you follow up the Any Hero Death from Above with another Any Hero card (ie Gamma Terror or Alien Symbiote)?

Can a teammate play an Any Hero Card as a follow up to FE encoded specials (ie. Adam Warlock - Cosmic Alliance)?

Also, I don't know if this is anywhere else, but can an Any Character special follow an Ally card?

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Palatinus on April 28, 2011, 10:04:45 AM
Quote from: Nate Grey on April 24, 2011, 02:47:01 AM

Also, I don't know if this is anywhere else, but can an Any Character special follow an Ally card?

Nope. None of the above, unfortunately.

Think of it this way - Any Heroes must be played as their own action. They can't follow up other cards, but in the case of the Death From above, they can initiate strings. You can play Death from Above to kick off a chain with Cosmic Alliance, that's legal. But you can't play the Any Hero as a follow up TO Cosmic Alliance.

-BBH

Nate Grey

Thanks BBH for answering my above questions. Why must Any Hero cards be so limited?!  >:( Think I just might adopt your House Rules concerning Any Heroes.  ;)