Beyonder Activator

Started by gameplan.exe, May 02, 2011, 04:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Can I still use a Beyonder Activator if he's on my Front Line?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

Day Tripper

Can you use him as an activator if you are also using him on your team?

Onslaught

Day Tripper

Cheers man, I'm a bit rusty at the game.

Steino

What is the ruling on using Beyonder as an activator?  Was it in a Meta ruling?

breadmaster

it's a (stupid) rule that allows you to put a beyonder activator in your deck.  no special is added to your battlesite.  since beyonder can play any specials, he can be switched for any card under your site, except for the opd

i imagine someone argued that since he can play any specials, he can be used as an activator.  i hate the rule, as there was supposed to be a 1:1 balance between activators and cards under your site. 

as i said before, beta ray bill can't be used as an alternate thor activator, so beyonder makes little sense.  that, and it goes against the idea of battlesites.  how many appearances did beyonder have in comics...yet he appears in EVERY battlesite deck

Steino

Quote from: breadmaster on September 05, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
it's a rule that allows you to put a beyonder activator in your deck.  no special is added to your battlesite.  since beyonder can play any specials, he can be switched for any card under your site, except for the opd

i imagine someone argued that since he can play any specials, he can be used as an activator.

Thank you Breadmaster,

I can accept the ruling.  What I've always found strange about the ruling is I've been unable to find it in writing. 

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Steino on September 05, 2012, 03:50:59 PM
Quote from: breadmaster on September 05, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
it's a rule that allows you to put a beyonder activator in your deck.  no special is added to your battlesite.  since beyonder can play any specials, he can be switched for any card under your site, except for the opd

i imagine someone argued that since he can play any specials, he can be used as an activator.

Thank you Breadmaster,

I can accept the ruling.  What I've always found strange about the ruling is I've been unable to find it in writing. 

There was a time when the Beyonder was NOT legal for use in tournaments. I don't know when they changed that... but they did for better or worse.

-BBH

Jack

Quote from: Steino on September 05, 2012, 03:50:59 PM
What I've always found strange about the ruling is I've been unable to find it in writing. 

It's not highly publicized but it was written down in the Tournament Guide.