Two unrelated questions

Started by Kyoujin, January 14, 2013, 02:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on January 17, 2013, 06:04:23 AM
i agree

So... are we all subtly agreeing to make Sunfire's MT card last ... as long as he is in Reserve...? because that'd be SA-WEET!! One of my favorite decks puts Sunfire in Reserve and I use this card in that deck, so it'd be a nice boost  8)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on January 19, 2013, 10:32:31 PM
Quote from: steve2275 on January 17, 2013, 06:04:23 AM
i agree

So... are we all subtly agreeing to make Sunfire's MT card last ... as long as he is in Reserve...? because that'd be SA-WEET!! One of my favorite decks puts Sunfire in Reserve and I use this card in that deck, so it'd be a nice boost  8)
yup
the play as written philosiphy

thetrooper27

Ya know, why not errata cards for the community?  Blanket errata on certain codes would work fine. 

With Sunfire, it's just a 4 that if successful (yeah right) lets you attack from reserve for remainder of battle.  That's just a 4.  That ability wouldn't even be worth trying utilize in a strategy of any kind.  It's nothing.  It's a DC special.

But make its duration game lasting, and I can see a little more potential.  Not really even that much.  You can't put a buncha Sunfire specials in your deck simply because you're banking on making a successful level 4 attack to play them.  4's are easy to block.  As easy as any attack in the game, I would almost dare say.  Any numerical avoid stops them, and almost every power card blocks them.  Plus the ability itself isn't that great.  What do you really get if Sunfire can attack from reserve?  Each power card in the deck is likely playable by every frontline teammate, so you don't really benefit from his ability to attack from reserve there.  Sunfire might make a followup to a teamwork from reserve or play one of his 2 special cards that were put in the deck in case he moves to frontline.  So why not just make it, and other the other MT duration for remainder of game via errata?

And with EB's?  Errata them.  Change remainder of battle to remainder of game.  And if it isn't listed on the text, add "for remainder of game."  Taskmaster, Multiple Man's XMEN EB, Silver Sable, Brood, etc... their EB's all smell horrible.

I don't see that it's a huge problem to make some hard tested errata's for certain cards like these.  Why haven't you guys already made some adjustments to cards with your own errata lists?  What other cards/codes might be subject to errata in this manner?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

breadmaster

we've tried

if someone doesn't agree to one rule that other's think makes sense, it falls apart.  that's why it always defaults back to official rules

thetrooper27

That's fair enough... well, I think an official revised rules set could be established... I rather like BBH's revisions... put those necessary errata's in place, and have a new tournament format.  I'll come to Toronto.  I ain't skeered.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster