couple more questions (allys and negates)

Started by breadmaster, March 08, 2011, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod

Interesting, so if the power cards do combine in that way with the teamwork, does that mean you can use She Hulk's Marvels LO to avoid the power cards follow-ups, and not just the initial teamwork?

I was also wondering about meta #86 when first I saw it on the rules list.  Having all the icons from an activator appear on attacks from a battlesite is really weird, and I guess the same can be said for the follow-ups from a teamwork?  Seeing as you can't use an activator to defened agasint an AP (except the intellect variant), can the same be said for Hawkeye's AD?  Say for example: someone plays a non numerical attacking special from a battlesite, can you avoid it with that AD?

Nostalgic

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 15, 2011, 02:16:14 PM
Now, your note about activator attacks is spot on. It's one I've always found ridiculous, but Any attack made from the battlesite is considered to have all the icons that were present on the activator. This was a massive matter for confusion back in the day. If the actual card doesn't have the icon on it, then why is it considered to have the icon? The activator doesn't accompany the special, it exchanges for the special. The rules don't say, play the activator WITH the card, they say EXCHANGE for the card. But that's the official rule.

-BBH

Though it is strange for a character to be able to avoid a battlesite AV with an AD special, at the very least it weakens battle sites in comparison to any-heros.   :-\

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 06:29:02 PM

Quote from: Hot Rod on March 16, 2011, 08:57:49 AM
Interesting, so if the power cards do combine in that way with the teamwork, does that mean you can use She Hulk's Marvels LO to avoid the power cards follow-ups, and not just the initial teamwork?

Yes.  Additionally, just about any AD that refers to 'universe' or 'icon' can be used for that matter.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

breadmaster

any hero BQs:

do you play the card you're retrieving on the same turn as the switch?  do you have an option?

drdeath25

No, once you make the switch your turn is over. You have to wait until your next turn to use the card.