Marvels Questions

Started by Palatinus, March 25, 2011, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

So I've been working on finishing and revamping my Marvels set and I've been running into questions about cards as I am learning them.  I want to just post them here and I come up with them.

I have gathered that pretty much everyone here plays with the Marvels which is part of my reason for finishing my versions of the cards and getting myself a printed set.  One card I am curious about is Scarlet Spider's Scarlet Savior.  I know this was a Hillshire Farms insert, but does how does everyone feel about homemades of this special from the Marvels as a legitimate card?

drdeath25

First of all, not everyone plays with THE MARVELS (for example, i dont), so you dont have to feel pressured into making a set, although they are nice to have.

What are you asking about Scarlet Savior? Thats a real card from the hillshire farms promos, if you want one I have an extra. I think that is what you were asking...

Overtime

Quote from: drdeath25 on March 25, 2011, 08:16:46 PM

What are you asking about Scarlet Savior? Thats a real card from the hillshire farms promos, if you want one I have an extra. I think that is what you were asking...

If you are giving away cards, do you have any extra of the accidental inserts I can have?

drdeath25

Quote from: Overtime on March 25, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
Quote from: drdeath25 on March 25, 2011, 08:16:46 PM

If you are giving away cards, do you have any extra of the accidental inserts I can have?

no.

rucker73

Palatinus, I would say that it totally depends on your opponent and how they feel about the use of either homemades of The Marvels set or the use of home made proxy's (Home made versions of cards that exist).

If you are already playing with people who use The Marvels specials then I doubt they would have a problem with you using Scarlet Saviour.
"Wade! into action!"

Jack

Palatinus

I guess my original question could have been better phrased as "For those who play The Marvels, do you consider homemade Scarlet Savior to be a fair card?"  But I think I pretty much have an answer.  The only people I have to play with are people I have taught to play.  I was more looking for what the greater group of people feel.

Yes, I am making my own Marvels.  I have seen the ones you posted, but I already had my own set going a while ago and I just feel like finishing them.  My old ones are at http://www.beenhereandthere.com/overpower/homemades.htm but since I now have a better version of photoshop and I am better at using it I am remaking my old ones and finishing up my set.  I'll post my new ones when I am done.

Nostalgic

Quote from: Palatinus on March 25, 2011, 09:58:18 PM
Yes, I am making my own Marvels.  I have seen the ones you posted, but I already had my own set going a while ago and I just feel like finishing them.  My old ones are at http://www.beenhereandthere.com/overpower/homemades.htm but since I now have a better version of photoshop and I am better at using it I am remaking my old ones and finishing up my set.  I'll post my new ones when I am done.

I didn't realize that was your site.  I use a few of those for my marvels.  When I first started back looking for OP stuff online I found CCTelander's site and started using those cards.  However, they were pretty blurry and I later saw yours so I used them to replace some of the harder to read marvels from CC's site.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jack

Here's a font you might want to look into obtaining if you want to make things look authentic:

http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/neufville/futura-nd/cn-bold-oblique/