Invisible Woman - Conceal

Started by rucker73, April 03, 2011, 08:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rucker73

Her Marvels special is coded FS, which is unique and didn't exist when the meta rules were made.  The card text on OP Online say:

"Invisible Woman's Teams Placed cards may not be played, moved or discarded by Opponent for remainder of game."  

I was just wondering if this card may be played defensively or not?
"Wade! into action!"

Onslaught

gameplan.exe

This lists which MARVELS cards are offensively or defensively played

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/overpower/marvels.html
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

It's strange that this card would be usable defensively, when so many other cards that are more appropriate as defensive options have been ruled as 'play on your turn.'

Such is the way of things, I suppose.

-BBH

Nostalgic

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 04, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
It's strange that this card would be usable defensively, when so many other cards that are more appropriate as defensive options have been ruled as 'play on your turn.'

-BBH

Just wanted to mention that making more of those cards defensively playable was one of the best 'improvements' you made with your house rules and didn't go unnoticed by me.  ;D  I know a big deal was made out of 2 cards, power leech/vertigo, in the discussion (perhaps rightly so...) but I thought this was a really significant and positive change.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 04, 2011, 05:39:21 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 04, 2011, 04:33:15 PM

-BBH

Just wanted to mention that making more of those cards defensively playable was one of the best 'improvements' you made with your house rules and didn't go unnoticed by me.  ;D  I know a big deal was made out of 2 cards, power leech/vertigo, in the discussion (perhaps rightly so...) but I thought this was a really significant and positive change.

I second this. It actually gives Comm. Gordon another playable card. Still doesn't help Nightwing, though...  :'(
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Thanks guys.

We did, in the end, decide to restore the Leech to it's official errata. It was the primary controversial issue. Everything else we kept intact. Defensible vertigo as an OPD is nowhere near being broken. It will save your ass, but that doesn't mean it will always guarantee a win (Sometimes it might, sometimes not - but's true of many powerful cards). In my opinion, having both a vertigo AND a One-per-deck (say Malice?) in a battlesite is more broken. Vertigo being your OPD limits options, which is more balancing.

As for Nightwing, short of creating new cards (which we didn't really want to do) the best we could do was give him an inherent ability that at least gave him something useful.  ;)

-BBH

AO user

If i play lethal tester against a placed namor card and invisible woman plays conceal to defend do I discard post card (he he) or does it go back in my hand?

drdeath25

Discard.

Just like when you attack someone with a power card and they play a "Only Universe cards may be used to attack this character" card in defense. It blocks your attack, and your card is discarded to the appropriate pile.