Negating a special played with power card

Started by DarKBladE09, March 08, 2012, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

So if I use Omega Red's FC Twin Tentacles, "Play with any Strength or Energy Power card attack, Power card must be blocked twice", and that gets negated, does the whole attack get negated or just the fact that they have to block twice? Also, can one single Avoid be used?

Jack

A negate would remove both the special and the power card from play. The power card was played along with the special. If it were a card that says to discard a power card to, say, heal all hits with equal or lesser value, the special does not require the card to be played with it and only the special goes away.

Quote from: Meta #97Meta #97: If a Special that indicates it should be "played with" another card is negated, both the Special and the card it was played with are discarded. If a negate is played against a Special indicating that a card should be discarded or exchanged, then the negation takes place prior to the discarding.

And the avoid would only count as one defense.

DarKBladE09

Can that omega card be played with a multipower card? or specifically an energy or strength?

Demacus

It must be specific and you can decide to just not block if you want.  It's simply in the case of playing a defense, if you choose to defend, you must defend it twice.

a_noble_kaz

Yeah, whenever I encounter those cards I usually let the hit stick. Not worth using two power cards to block one, and hardly worth using a negate.

DarKBladE09

yea, steve, you've been right about all the rules you told me about. I just needed some clarification on these because when reading the cards, I don't see how it's interpreted as such. I mean I can use a training, teamwork, or basic universe card with a multi-power or anypower power card, the power card acts as that specific type of attack, but not when used with this special which seems like a conflict of ideas. and the negating just blows my mind, from reading both cards text, I don't see how the entire attack is stifled and not just the special. Alas, you all know better than I do so I shall learn and overcome! Thanks guys!

DarKBladE09

follow up question about omega red's card... Does the strength or energy power card attack have to come from Omega Red?

Jack

Yes, the card says "play with" so it would have to come from Omega Red.