Set of Marvels, properly printed

Started by BigBadHarve, April 12, 2012, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadHarve

Hello all,

Jack and I have been talking about printing up some sets of 'The Marvels' on Proper Card Stock for a while now, but we've found a printer who's willing to do it. The quote was a reasonable estimate, so we're moving forward.

What we'd like to know is - are any of you interested in joining in on this venture? The more sets we order, the cheaper it will be.  Right now it's looking like $12 per set of 90(ish) if we order 36 sets.

The plan is to produce all the cards from the Marvels, plus the Any Power teamwork. Certain will be produced in multiples with each set (IE: Silver Sable's teammate avoid).

Give us an idea of how many we need, and we'll get the ball rolling.

-BBH

mattkoz

Printed double sided with a back? With the power cards and stuff too?

BigBadHarve

Quote from: mattkoz on April 12, 2012, 05:01:50 PM
Printed double sided with a back? With the power cards and stuff too?

Double sided with the proper back, yes. Power cards, no.

We're only going to print the Marvels. We don't want to re-print any cards that already exist officially (except the AP teamwork, because it's so damn rare and so damned useful!)  ;)

-BBH

mattkoz

I should have clarified. Not the regular power cards, but what about Any Power 6 and 8 and a Multi 5 since there weren't any Marvel-backed cards like that? (that's the Marvel only in me talking)

Would this include a 4 stat Galactus?

And how about an Intellect 6+3 Basic Universe since the Xavier Protocols are so rare?

I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but if we're going to do this, we might as well do it up right. Let me know if I can be helpful in any way.

gameplan.exe

at $12 per set, I'm very interested. I'd be happy to buy 2 sets  :)

any idea of the timeline you're expecting?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

mattkoz

Quote from: ncannelora on April 12, 2012, 05:10:38 PM
at $12 per set, I'm very interested. I'd be happy to buy 2 sets  :)

any idea of the timeline you're expecting?

I also would be good for two at that price, if it included some of the extras like I mentioned (because I could use two copies of OPDs for my playset).

BigBadHarve

Quote from: mattkoz on April 12, 2012, 05:09:59 PM
I should have clarified. Not the regular power cards, but what about Any Power 6 and 8 and a Multi 5 since there weren't any Marvel-backed cards like that? (that's the Marvel only in me talking)

Would this include a 4 stat Galactus?

And how about an Intellect 6+3 Basic Universe since the Xavier Protocols are so rare?

I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but if we're going to do this, we might as well do it up right. Let me know if I can be helpful in any way.

It's a possibility, but right now we're going to be more concerned with the Marvels specifically.

As for timeline, we'll want to get the art and the card design down pat. It could be a few months yet, but no one would have to commit financially until we're ready to go to print. We just need an idea of who wants them so we can order accordingly.

Ordering multiple sets is not an issue. (I plan on 2 or 3 myself.) ;)

-BBH

Jesse

I definitely want a few - depending on the art  :P I've liked some peoples selections and not so much on others   ::)
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

breadmaster

Jack

We're trying not to destroy the market for cards that are still worth something on eBay. Printing AP Teamworks will not ruin any market because people who want (and can afford it) will still buy it for collection purposes.

I stated on my previous thread with what the entire Marvels expansion would have included. This set is only a subset of the set I posted. If we start printing off 5 Multi, 6 Any Power, etc., we'd be interfering with the market and that may not sit well with the eBay sellers.

mattkoz

Quote from: Jack on April 12, 2012, 05:34:11 PM
I stated on my previous thread with what the entire Marvels expansion would have included. This set is only a subset of the set I posted. If we start printing off 5 Multi, 6 Any Power, etc., we'd be interfering with the market and that may not sit well with the eBay sellers.

I can understand that. So, I guess that means we're pretty confident in this printer making a great card then! That's a plus.

binarymelon

I would be good to buy 1, maybe 2 sets.  It would depend on how much the shipping costs would end up being.

Jack

Excellent point.

Shipping costs will be extra, as well as any taxes we have to pay to the print shop (tax is 13% where we live) unless BBH's quote included tax. Looks like about $20 total for one set if everything's factored in. Of course, you can pick up your ordered sets at a meetup/tournament after they're done.

Nate Grey

Wow! You guys don't know how long I've been waiting to hear about someone finally doing something like this!  ;D You can so count me in on this. For 2 sets even!  ;D

Kal-el

I am definitely in for a set or two. Like Nate, I've been waiting for this ever since Onslaught posted his cards.

I understand not wanting to do the 'duplicate' cards to mess with the market, but I'll still put my vote in for the 'non-Marvel' cards. That is, I'd really like to have a 6 and 8 any power and a 5 multipower with Marvel art.

I guess I agree with Mattkoz that if we're going to do it and spend all this money (in total) to have a professional printer do it, then it'd be a shame to not do everything.

Regardless, I'm definitely in.