(More) Random Questions

Started by Kyoujin, January 25, 2013, 10:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

1.  Mojo's inherent ability allows for Multi-power cards to be +1 for attacking.  Does this also including being combined with a universe card or must they be used independently?

2.  Dazzler's inherent ability allows her to be defended by power cards from reserve.  Does this mean any power cards placed on the reserve character count as duplicates during the discard phase (assuming there is a duplicate somewhere else)?

3. Can follow up attacks from Dazzler's 'Focus Energy' be made with any energy card (special, etc)?

Thanks very much!

thetrooper27

I like you Kyoujin.  You ask questions like I do.:)  I'll take a few guesses based on what I've gathered.  Lets see how well I was paying attention:

1.  Yes, you get the bonus + the universe bonus.
2.  Yes, the cards are usable due to her inherent ability, so you would have to discard dupes placed to the reserve.
3.  Yes, unless it states that it has to be a specific card type, you can assume it's most broad meaning.

Lets see how I did.:)
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

For further clarification to #1, if Mojo's inherent said "MultiPower Power cards attacks are +1." then it would not apply if it played with any other card because it ruins the purity of the Multipower Power card attack.

Meta #6 applies to answer 3:
Quote from: http://overpower.ca/wiki/Meta_Rule:6Follow-up attacks may not be made with a Teamwork card, Ally card, Tactic card, Activator card, Aspect card, or an 'Any Hero/Character' Special.

thetrooper27

Jack

Notice the 'if'. Your answer was correct, I tried to explain the circumstances where it wouldn't be.

thetrooper27

Aaaah... gotcha Jack. 8)  But can you further explain why that simple word change would make it different?  I'm kinda lost on that.  Wouldn't it still be a multipower power card attack even if you combine it with universe card?  Why can it not receive two bonuses?  What rule calls for a pure attack, and how do you define that?

I never realized that there were so many intricacies to OP.

steve2275

just add the universe card bonus to the inherent bonus
then make (in the case of mojo) the multipower card attack

because it makes sense

http://overpower.ca/cards/characters/184.png
and it doesnt say "but bonus may not be combined with any universe card"

Jack

I'm reusing an old diagram from a previous post but the gist of it is the same.

Let's actually bring up Mojo's inherent ability: MultiPower Power cards are +1 when used to attack.

From this, it says that his MultiPower Power cards (MPPC) receive a +1 when used as an attack. It changes the actual MPPC and not the attack itself.
--
Using my hypothetical inherent ability: MultiPower Power cards attacks are +1.

It is singling out a specific type of attack, based on the diagram above. It changes the attack and not the MPPC.

Ergo, rephrasing the inherent to: Attacks made with MultiPower Power cards are +1 will be equivalent to the printed inherent on the card.

thetrooper27

Though it's using a multipower power card, it's still a fighting action so it might still work.

Good lesson Jack!  Thanks!:)

Kyoujin

Thanks!  I'm always impressed by the support of this little community.