* IMPRISONED FOR SCIENCE

Started by AO user, March 04, 2014, 11:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

* IMPRISONED FOR SCIENCE
No cards with a Fighting icon may be used to attack this battle. Q: does that include actvator grids to get a special with an energy attack (say an AR)  You're not attacking with activator but you play it to attack.

what say you?

chuu

Activators cant be used to attack only to defend in this case.

Jack

Exchanging activators for a special is part of the attack.

Likewise (with no Event in play), you can use cards that say 'Avoid 1 attack with a Fighting Icon' to block said energy AR attack you mentioned above.

teesaw

I'd like to be on the record as saying that while I acknowledge and agree that this is the rule, I think that it's a bad rule.

The original spirit of activators was that another character shows up on the scene, and joins your team momentarily, lending one of its powers to another member of the team.  It's clear that we certainly don't consider our characters to be "cards with fighting icons" when formulating our attacks. 

Does this mean that we should always be using 3 Grid activators so as to not run into any issues with cards that invalidate intellect icon attacks?

"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

chuu

that's one of the reason i use the 3 stat activators instead of 4 stat activators.

AO user

Quote from: Jack on March 05, 2014, 08:04:40 AM
Exchanging activators for a special is part of the attack.

Likewise (with no Event in play), you can use cards that say 'Avoid 1 attack with a Fighting Icon' to block said energy AR attack you mentioned above.

Jack: mind blown!  I look forward to applying that insight/rule in a game.  Thanks!

teesaw

Chuu - What about these activators?  Do we count them as 4-grid or 3-grid?  LOL

I can't be the only one, can I?
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

TheBradness

chuu

i'm a little sad that you don't have enough bishops...lol..

TheGeneral

I thought all 3 stat cards when used in activators or all 3 stat multipower power cards were assumed to have 4 stats

BigBadHarve

Quote from: TheGeneral on March 11, 2014, 09:18:51 AM
I thought all 3 stat cards when used in activators or all 3 stat multipower power cards were assumed to have 4 stats

Nope.

3 grid activators are not considered to have the intellect icon on them. However - if you use a 3 stat activator to call a card with an intellect icon, then all icons are present.

Likewise, 3 stat multi-power power cards don't represent intellect - but they still fuse with 4 stat multipower cards on the same target, and thus will be considered to have the intellect icon in that instance.