Event Card - Sabotage

Started by chuu, May 17, 2014, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr brown

if little iceman card would remove a hit on a permanent record because it affects until end of game or end of battle, such as BM killer croc 7str if suc target can't attack, then multi permanent records should be discarded also. but i think the event applies to power cards not all multi. don't count this as a vote for permanent record, i think hand/ placed only.

Jack

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2014, 12:07:56 AM
http://overpower.ca/tools/qna.php?search=sabotage

http://overpower.ca/wiki/Updated_Rules#Grunge.27s_Inherent_Ability

Let's play spot the inconsistencies!

We could make a game of it! It will never get boring because there's just so many to be found!

When is that rules committee forming to fix crap like this?

AO user

In summary, it refers to MP PCs... In hand AND. Placed.   The arguments suggest in permanent record too.  I thought mr brown was Most persuasive (ironically) for perm record call.  NOT specials of one or more icons though.  And the inconsistencies are a Gordian knot.  Good luck with that!

breadmaster

the rules changed on what a 'multipower' card was during the life of the game. 

since grunge was the last (I'm guessing) ruling, it should apply to the event too.  besides, it's not like annihilation affair is even used that often.  one of the better pairings is with daily bugle homebase (cannot use multis)

AO user

Update(?) this event WAS played at K2 and 2 of 3 judges ruled it as everything: PC and specials. It was first hand so the permanent record thing didn't come up...btw it got me for 3 PCs

steve2275

Quote from: mr brown on May 21, 2014, 10:04:22 PM
i would guess no to permanent record, because other events played often like hideout discovered (teamworks discarded) have not effected permanent record.
i agree because is says discard (which is what we do with cards in hand drawn or placed cards
not remove(which is what we do with hits)