EVENT - On The Move

Started by gameplan.exe, June 22, 2011, 03:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2011, 02:08:48 PM
Misprints don't magically get around the intent of the card. If you play the Annihilation Affair event that says no cards with a strength icon can be used to attack, you can't use the misprinted Sorceress Slam with a fighting icon.

I don't think it's a misprint, it was the first printed. In fact, I'd argue that the others are misprinted versions of the original one.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Ranerdar

Or the others reprints to clarify the original intent. We can argue hypotheticals all day.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Ranerdar on June 23, 2011, 05:03:04 PM
Or the others reprints to clarify the original intent. We can argue hypotheticals all day.

Was there ever anything published to say that the Promo version of MUTANT REBELS HELD CAPTIVE is a misprint? Nothing on the card itself shows it to be a misprint (unlike the Scarlet Witch card).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Ranerdar

Quote from: ncannelora on June 23, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

Was there ever anything published to say that the Promo version of MUTANT REBELS HELD CAPTIVE is a misprint? Nothing on the card itself shows it to be a misprint (unlike the Scarlet Witch card).

Well, no. But I also can't find it published anywhere that says you can discard cards rendered unusable by an event, when the event specifically says affected cards are not discarded.

or rendered unusable by an event at all.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Ranerdar on June 23, 2011, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: ncannelora on June 23, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

Well, no. But I also can't find it published anywhere that says you can discard cards rendered unusable by an event, when the event specifically says affected cards are not discarded.

or rendered unusable by an event at all.

Exactly, so I'll use the Event that doesn't say that the affected cards are not discarded. i.e., they'll be discarded!  ;D
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Ranerdar

Fine, the rest of the forum may not. But I'll concede your "variant" event card.

Onslaught

QuoteI don't think it's a misprint, it was the first printed. In fact, I'd argue that the others are misprinted versions of the original one.

You're right, a promotional preview printing of a card with no copyright symbol that was never distributed through booster packs is probably the defintive version over the card that was actually available at retail after the set had been finalized. Now your pointless deck with a useless gimmick will be unstoppable, congratulations!

Ranerdar

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2011, 06:51:46 PM
QuoteI don't think it's a misprint, it was the first printed. In fact, I'd argue that the others are misprinted versions of the original one.

You're right, a promotional preview printing of a card with no copyright symbol that was never distributed through booster packs is probably the defintive version over the card that was actually available at retail after the set had been finalized. Now your pointless deck with a useless gimmick will be unstoppable, congratulations!

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a pointless deck. In our circle, the gimmick is often the entire point.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Onslaught on June 23, 2011, 06:51:46 PM

"You wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

For the record, I never said it was the difinitive version. Only that it was not a mis-print. Like Ranerdar said, it's a "variant".
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Onslaught

No it's not, they have the same name. You're wrong, get over it because it wasn't that good of an idea even if it worked in the first place.

drdeath25

Just play however you want. You only play in your circle anyway, since your scared to make 1 hour drive to play me. WWJD? I think he would have played with his disciples using the real rules. But then again, you have NEVER played by the real rules, so why would we expect you to start now?

Just play the game however you want, if your circle doesn't care, then its fine. It might be nice to know the real rules though, however. In case if you ever make the trip to the Bay Area, San Diego, or Canada to play talented opponents by the real rules. Wait... not Canada, they don't use real rules  :D

Oscorp

I actually agree with Dr.Death on the whole you can play it however you want with the people you play with, as long as you both agree, but in any regulation game I don't think your argument holds up.

On the other hand...  Dr.D.  Dude what's with the personal attacks, the man already requested you politely to not bring up religion or more specifically Jesus.  Are you that petty that you have to personally attack people who have differing opinions of you?

Love the discussions, hate the tone.
I'm rubber and you're glue...

drdeath25

I was just trying to speak to the man in his own language. I thought he might appreciate the advice I had to offer.

Sometimes I feel like my posts aren't very greatly appreciated on this forum.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: drdeath25 on June 23, 2011, 11:00:54 PM
I was just trying to speak to the man in his own language. I thought he might appreciate the advice I had to offer.

Sometimes I feel like my posts aren't very greatly appreciated on this forum.

If Jesus played Overpower (and hey, He might  :)) He'd probably play by whatever rules we agree to use ahead of time.

For the record, I have played several games by the official rules and I have no problems with them (even the ruling above).

I use these boards to explore strategies, and part of that is testing the limits of the rules. That's how loopholes are found. It seems I've been trying to stretch this one, but the window is closing.

and, Onslaught, I'm not making any strategy out of this. If the circumstance came up, I'd like to use this as a counter to the sabotage, but if it doesn't work (because of ruling, or negates  :P) my deck wouldn't crumble.

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 06:17:58 PM

Oh, and I don't generally have a problem mentioning religion with Overpower (my God is the God of all creation. It's just that calling yourself Jesus tends to rile me  :-\). but thanks for the backing, Oscorp lol

I know drdeath25 wasn't trying to attack my religious beliefs.

(oh yeah, and drdeath25, the Bay is almost 3+ hours away. If it was only an hour, I might've made that a day trip   ;))
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Onslaught