Event Verbiage

Started by gameplan.exe, July 25, 2011, 02:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

For the purposes of Event cards, does the word "negated" count with the "no cards with the word 'negate' may be played?

What about "avoid" and "avoided"?

and last, what about "draw" and "redraw"?

also, about that last one, does the word "draw" have to be in the text of the card? what about Bishop's "Draw Fire" Special? if the name of the Special is also under restriction, then what about "draw" and "withdrawal"?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Negated contains the word negate. Same with avoided. Same with redraw.

If the special cards' name contains a restricted word, I'd say let it be played. You shouldn't have to be too literal about it.

Kyle

Quote from: Jack on July 25, 2011, 02:25:17 PM
Negated contains the word negate. Same with avoided. Same with redraw.

If the special cards' name contains a restricted word, I'd say let it be played. You shouldn't have to be too literal about it.

roflcopter

Demacus

I think the events simply reffer to effects that use those words.  Draw Enemy Fire wouldn't be affected cause it's not allowing you to Draw cards, but to shift an attack. 

Events effect the game mechanics, not the individual cards themselves.

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on July 25, 2011, 02:12:43 PM
also, about that last one, does the word "draw" have to be in the text of the card? what about Bishop's "Draw Fire" Special?

That would make for one heck of a tight-lipped game. And for those that are rules hounds with all of the ccgs and miniatures games its something they would probably love!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster