Legacy Regression/Obfuscate

Started by rucker73, October 15, 2012, 10:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rucker73

I know how these cards work with certain events (Shockwave, Miracle Worker Alive) but do these specials have any effect if an opponent were to play Best Laid Plans or Lambs to the Slaughter?

Would Maverick/Posts team not get to set up their "best laid plans" or would they still be able to venture/concede?

Just wondering, because it would be a pretty wicked effect to be able to venture or concede and your opponent can't.
"Wade! into action!"

Jack

Those events don't target individual character so they still have an effect. You would still hunt for 4 cards regardless if the GI special is in play or not. Same goes for Lambs, you would play without venturing or conceding.

However an interesting question was brought up to Norm:
QuoteQuestion: Maverick's on my Front Line. I have GI (not affected by Events) in play on him and New Universe placed on him. The Lambs To The Slaughter (no Venture, no conceding) Event comes up. Maverick can play New Universe during this battle, can't he?

Answer: Correct
So yes, Maverick plays his cards while pretending that there are no events in play.

AO user

So if legacy is in hand with a TW and hideout discovered any mission is played maverick could play legacy and if it's not negated could launch his teamwork(?). If he had legacy in play he could even keep his placed one.  That's a nice special.