Comic Book Movies (Live Action)

Started by Palatinus, April 02, 2011, 12:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 06:13:23 AM

What do you think about the switch from Norton to Ruffalo for the Avengers film?

I prefer continuity, so while I think Norton wasn't the right fit for Banner, I would have liked him to reprise the role. As far as what Ruffalo has done with the role - that remains to be seen. I'm not a huge fan of Ruffalo to begin with, but time will tell I guess.

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 11:15:37 AM
I actually liked the first one a lot - so much, in fact, that I've yet to see the second one.  :-\

It's not bad overall. It's sort of a half-sequel/half-reboot. It's pretty much everything people complained that the first one wasn't. Definitely worth watching if you're going to do an Avenger's marathon with the established Marvel movies.

Had it been a proper sequel, with the same cast, I think people who didn't like the original might have learned to appreciate it more. And Universal could have renewed some interest in the first one as well. There are a lot of fun moments. I didn't like Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, she was also miscast. William Hurt is a fine actor, but they made his Ross more a villain, whereas Sam Elliot's Ross was a man of duty bound by bureaucracy.

-BBH

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 11:29:35 AM
Really? You are the first person that I've heard say that  and I don't mean it as an insult....I will say IMO I am like BBH I wish it would have been set in a sequel format but Norton was excellent and I would have loved to see him reprise his role of Banner.

yeah, I think it suffered a littler personal-backlash from me. It became so popular, and people liked it so much more, that my knee-jerk reaction was to avoid it  :-\

I can understand that - I've done that with some other things. But I do like this one   ;D

I think the only thing I'm really tired of seeing with Marvel Movies is Stan Lee  :o I know some people will probably drill me for that statement, but its just getting so cheesey - they need to add a little subtle acting instead of in your face "whats up, Im stan lee!"  :P

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 29, 2012, 12:04:02 PM
Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 06:13:23 AM

What do you think about the switch from Norton to Ruffalo for the Avengers film?

I prefer continuity, so while I think Norton wasn't the right fit for Banner, I would have liked him to reprise the role. As far as what Ruffalo has done with the role - that remains to be seen. I'm not a huge fan of Ruffalo to begin with, but time will tell I guess.

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 11:15:37 AM
I actually liked the first one a lot - so much, in fact, that I've yet to see the second one.  :-\

It's not bad overall. It's sort of a half-sequel/half-reboot. It's pretty much everything people complained that the first one wasn't. Definitely worth watching if you're going to do an Avenger's marathon with the established Marvel movies.

Had it been a proper sequel, with the same cast, I think people who didn't like the original might have learned to appreciate it more. And Universal could have renewed some interest in the first one as well. There are a lot of fun moments. I didn't like Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, she was also miscast. William Hurt is a fine actor, but they made his Ross more a villain, whereas Sam Elliot's Ross was a man of duty bound by bureaucracy.

-BBH

I understand - I've never really watched Ruffalo in much - my wife likes him in stuff so she's excited that they switched to him so theres something  guess....lol.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 12:05:49 PM
I understand - I've never really watched Ruffalo in much - my wife likes him in stuff so she's excited that they switched to him so theres something  guess....lol.

well, you know, whatever it takes to get my wife to go watch an action flick w/me is a positive  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 12:16:11 PM

well, you know, whatever it takes to get my wife to go watch an action flick w/me is a positive  ;D

Oh I know. That massive timespan that all of the comic movies came out - Hulk, Iron Man, Hancock (yeah it counted) etc..... she went to all of them with me even though she isnt very big into comics. The funny part though is in movies like "Hulk" I enjoy the action and explosions and in the Hulk I really liked the Hulk vs Abom stuff with all of the hits fast pace movement; well when Banner was talking to Betty and they were getting a little sappy  :P I started to ask her a question and she said "Shhh this is the good part." I couldn't help but smile....she managed to find a 'chick flick' in the middle of the Hulk........
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 12:21:21 PM

Oh I know. That massive timespan that all of the comic movies came out - Hulk, Iron Man, Hancock (yeah it counted) etc..... she went to all of them with me even though she isnt very big into comics. The funny part though is in movies like "Hulk" I enjoy the action and explosions and in the Hulk I really liked the Hulk vs Abom stuff with all of the hits fast pace movement; well when Banner was talking to Betty and they were getting a little sappy  :P I started to ask her a question and she said "Shhh this is the good part." I couldn't help but smile....she managed to find a 'chick flick' in the middle of the Hulk........

LOL!! that's so funny  :D
This would never work for my wife, though, because she despises Liv Tyler  :P
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 29, 2012, 04:37:59 PM
Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2012, 12:21:21 PM

LOL!! that's so funny  :D
This would never work for my wife, though, because she despises Liv Tyler  :P

LOL! Mine does too!