Rules committee.

Started by OP GOD, April 20, 2014, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OP GOD

I would like to see a committee formed.  I will be the first to volunteer. All members should be active players and ones who participate in most tournaments,  though west coast Influence would be warranted.

To meet once a year and discuss current issues and make official rulings on issues. To discuss further future thoughts brought up regarding additional cards allowed in official tournaments.

M

OP GOD
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

Hot Rod

Haha, sounds like a good excuse to get a 4th regional going.   ;D

This would indeed be a good idea for a possible route to adding new cards to the pool.  Whether we like it or not, it will get stale at some point.

I will also volunteer my effort to the cause.

DiceK

You might consider doing a yearly or biyearly conference call. 

I imagine that it would be difficult to get everyone interested in the same place at the same time, especially if you wish this committee to include West Coast resources.

An organizer could govern the call using WebEx.

You could also have an option for anyone to join the call on a listen-only line.

Hot Rod

Quote from: DiceK on April 21, 2014, 09:18:56 AM
You might consider doing a yearly or biyearly conference call. 

I imagine that it would be difficult to get everyone interested in the same place at the same time, especially if you wish this committee to include West Coast resources.

An organizer could govern the call using WebEx.

You could also have an option for anyone to join the call on a listen-only line.

I agree with having some sort of Skype type of deal for the west coasters, or as you said "anyone who wants to join the call."

The actual meeting has to be a physical face-to-face from what has been witnessed recently.  When extremely complex game mechanic is being discussed I feel every form of communication is needed.

If it takes speeches; black boards, dice rolls, coin flips, abacuses, star charts, sundials, songs, or interpretive dances to get my point across; then that is what it takes.  We can't sell the medium short when it comes to defending the game from attack, as it cannot defend itself.

Jack

We can do Google Hangouts for the conference call, it should be able to live stream onto YouTube.

Pass the Gestalt

Agree 100%. Fleer/Marvel left us a wonderful game, but they also left a big mess of rules, metarules and ad hoc rulings that aren't necessarily complete, or consistent. No one should get me wrong, I love this game, and I want to see it continue to thrive and even get better with age. But we shouldn't be afraid of amending the metarules. Basically in society when the body of law gets too messy, you tend to pass statutory amendments to clean it up. OverPower is no different. I'm way less concerned on being right on a particular issue. I just want rules conformity whether I'm playing in California or Buffalo. I think if we are ever hoping to formally resurrect this game, these are the issues that have to be addressed. Count me in on the Rules Committee.

PtG

mr brown

i'm all for a rule committee, but i think a conference call setting would not allow for all areas to voice opinions. time zone issues other countries would decrease involvement.  i would suggest a poll for 3 to 5 issues and only have the committee members vote. i am sure we could find a spot on the web for this. i am a commissioner of a NASCAR league with 40 members most of have never met each other, and we had an intense rule debate that was resolved by using the RTsports web site poll. the poll lasted for 7 days and all parties were satisfied with result.

Tussin

skype, teamspeak, ventrilo all work as well.

BasiliskFang

I'm in, I actually play every week or so.