Started by Photonicide, December 23, 2017, 03:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majestic

Your cards look awesome!  Well done!

Photonicide

Dog

Quote from: Photonicide on December 23, 2017, 03:14:47 PM
Hello all!

I have finished the remaining cards for my max 6 team expansion! This set is meant to increase the playability of max 6 characters, as so many characters fall into this category and almost none see play! The level 0 power cards, which are the other half of this expansion can be found here on this website Level 0 Power Cards or on my website MaxSixOverpower.com I have also included a homebase for an overly high stat team and a battlesite specifically for any hero/character specials. This battlesite is meant to be played with the new rules from Power Balance and OP3 that say that battlesites can be destroyed the same way that characters can and that the hits count towards venture (1/2 the value, round down). This set is also meant to be played with level 0 Power cards counting as duplicates of level 7 and 8 Power cards but will receive double bonus from Universe cards and allow you to draw a card, discarding duplicates after playing it. Also with the rule variant that makes all Basic Universe and Universe Training cards OPDs with the addition of them drawing you a card, discarding duplicates, after using one of them.

I am curious to know what you all think about the balance of these cards as a set and if you think they are too over or under powered.

**************UPDATE*************
All of the rules for this set as well as high resolution images can be found at my website www.MaxSixOverpower.com
**************UPDATE*************
Hello Photonicide! Are you still around these parts? I had an interesting discussion with someone about your Max 6 rules today. The other guy thought that since your level 0 Power cards count as duplicates of levels 7 and 8, that they couldn't be blocked by Power cards lower than level 7 or 8. Is that how you intended it?

Is that how everyone else employs these Max 6 rules?

justa

Since nobody else is chiming in on this one, I'll give it a try...

From what I think I understand, level 0 Power cards were intended to improve max-6 teams by providing a level 8 defense, while not providing much of a benefit for higher level characters.  That is why they are considered duplicates of level 7 & 8 Power cards.  When attacking with them, any Power card or defensive Special can block them.  (The trade-offs of using a higher level Power card or Special to defend a level 0 attack are debatable.)

For historic purposes, I have no links to the old New England OverPower group (originators of the idea), but here is the earliest link I know on the subject:
http://justabgkid.com/emporium/ae-0powercards.html

Dog

Quote from: justa on October 27, 2023, 11:22:13 AMSince nobody else is chiming in on this one, I'll give it a try...

From what I think I understand, level 0 Power cards were intended to improve max-6 teams by providing a level 8 defense, while not providing much of a benefit for higher level characters.  That is why they are considered duplicates of level 7 & 8 Power cards.  When attacking with them, any Power card or defensive Special can block them.  (The trade-offs of using a higher level Power card or Special to defend a level 0 attack are debatable.)

For historic purposes, I have no links to the old New England OverPower group (originators of the idea), but here is the earliest link I know on the subject:
 http://justabgkid.com/emporium/ae-0powercards.html
So to distill that down, by your memory, the other guy is wrong that you need a level 7 or 8 to defend them?

justa

from what i've read, the answers are 1)yes he is wrong (unless his group plays that way, which is always a possibility), and 2)no, you do not need a 7 or 8 to defend an attack by them.

Dog

Okay, that's what I was figuring. Thanks!