New Metarules?

Started by Jack, March 02, 2011, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Probably a pointless topic to bring up.

Here's Thing's card (OD):

Here's Spawn's card (ZY):

Here's DoW (OD):

When I create my specials look up, it will include the meta rules with it as well. If you were to look up the meta for Thing's OD, it wouldn't make any sense. It makes perfect sense with Spawn's ZY.

Should ZY be merged into OD or should Thing's card actually be coded as ZY?

/rant
There shouldn't have been a reason to use ZZ/ZY codes. What were the people thinking with the Any Character Bastion?

/bonus
Should we classify meta rules for the new card codes? Not sure if any of them need metas to clarify things.

Onslaught

QuoteShould we classify meta rules for the new card codes? Not sure if any of them need metas to clarify things.

The original "ripayuheadoff" Marvels list also had a list of mini-meta rules/FAQ for all the specials with new codes, so it might be worth including those. It may be worth reviewing them just for clarification that the new "acts as level 9 powercard for team defense cards" cannot be used to block a JW.

QuoteMeta Rule #84
   Specials which indicate that they act as Power cards only act as Power cards in that they can sometimes be used to attack or defend (as specified on the Special). They do NOT take on any other properties of Power cards i.e., they count towards X-Babies KO, they do NOT fuse with other MultiPower Power cards, they cannot be  removed with an EE Special.

Also it reinforced some unclear rules questions, like Dazzler's new card only being played offensively, confirming the suspected timing for Spider-Man's new card, etc.

gameplan.exe

QuoteShould ZY be merged into OD or should Thing's card actually be coded as ZY?

I'd say that Thing's card is mis-coded and should be neither. It is only a slight difference from Spawn's (and better  ;) ), but it's actually the exact same difference as is between an AV and an FN.

Relevant to the Meta Rules, the difference between those two is the clarification of Rule #110 for the FN, which should also somehow be attached to Thing's STONEWALL.

Having said that, STONEWALL is clearly closer to a ZY than it is to OD.

Quote... confirming the suspected timing for Spider-Man's new card, etc

And what is that suspected timing? lol

Also, are these mini-metas listed somewhere?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Ravencroft

From what ive heard Spawn's Finite Power was supposed to be an any hero, so thats why its coded ZY.
When it went to print they accidentally put Spawn's name on it, because Todd McFarlane comanded Spawn be god.

Jack

I forgot about Finite Power being an Any Character first before being a Spawn card.

I should probably move this into another topic to get feedback for all Marvels cards to see which meta rules need to be either: added to existing Codes or created for new codes. Also to add the new meta rules for the new cards (Spiderman's WGR..)