Cards "in play"

Started by DiceK, February 24, 2012, 09:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

Are cards that are placed on a character consider to be "in play"?

mattkoz

Hmm, I wouldn't think so. Are you referring to a specific special's text?

"In play" to me means special cards that are hits on the current/permanent record on any character and any altering effects that have been played and are laid down next to characters.

I think that's what's very specific about Power Mimic (it says "currently on the table" which I interpret as "in play or placed")

Can someone confirm my take? I'm not a rules expert.

Jack

Quote from: Meta #42Meta #42: Cards which are "in play" are those cards which are: (a) on a Character's Permanent Record, (b) on a Character's Hits from Current Battle, (c) played by a Character to create some effect and has not yet been discarded.

Coincidentally:
Quote from: Meta #85Meta #85: The phrase "on the table" refers to any card which is (a) in play (b) placed to any Character (c) in a Character's Permanent Record or (d) in a Character's Hits From Current Battle

DiceK

I'm more concerned about what "in play" constitutes.

mattkoz

Quote from: Jack on February 24, 2012, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: Meta #42Meta #42: Cards which are "in play" are those cards which are: (a) on a Character's Permanent Record, (b) on a Character's Hits from Current Battle, (c) played by a Character to create some effect and has not yet been discarded.

Coincidentally:
Quote from: Meta #85Meta #85: The phrase "on the table" refers to any card which is (a) in play (b) placed to any Character (c) in a Character's Permanent Record or (d) in a Character's Hits From Current Battle
Hey, it looks like I got one right for once.   ;D

steve2275

what a bout nj specials vs cw specials?
after cw was played

Demacus

Based on the NJ's wording, I would say that Taskmaster could slip past X-Man's CW, provided the CW was used to defend an earlier attack, and not used to defend the NJ.

steve2275

Quote from: Demacus on March 03, 2012, 12:07:44 PM
Based on the NJ's wording, I would say that Taskmaster could slip past X-Man's CW, provided the CW was used to defend an earlier attack, and not used to defend the NJ.
my point xactly