removing the front line

Started by breadmaster, February 28, 2012, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

remind me, what's the rule for this?

if you remove your own last character, do you automatically lose venture, or does it go to the 'after battle counting' phase thing?

what happens if you remove your opponent's last character?

gameplan.exe

Quote(131) If, by playing a Special card, a player removes their own last front line Character from play (e.g., by moving them into reserve) then the battle is immediately over and that player loses the Venture.

This is the only ruling I can find regarding an automatic loss for the removal of a last Front Line Character, but it's specific to your own. I don't know if it was ever applied the other way (that you auto-win if you remove your Opponent's last)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

I think, since the point of the game is to remove your opponents characters, actually removing their final character would attribute a play as usual scenario.   ...but as the forums have proven time and time again, I might be wrong on that.  lol

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on February 29, 2012, 07:49:17 PM
I think, since the point of the game is to remove your opponents characters, actually removing their final character would attribute a play as usual scenario.   ...but as the forums have proven time and time again, I might be wrong on that.  lol

Usual scenario, as in, the battle's not over just because you can't attack him?
or as in, the battle stops and you count Venture?
or as in, the battle stops and the player without a FL loses Venture automatically, regardless of points (per rule#131)?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

lol  Usual scenario, you remove your opponents last FL character, venture is counted and you move on.  If you were able to throw the character into their reserve, it's not necessarily their choice, so they wouldn't lose venture automatically.  If you move your own last FL character into reserve for the sole purpose of ending the hand, then there should be a consequence attached to it, but doing it to your opponent, he's already been penalized. He can't continue the hand that he obviously was planing to play out, based on the fact that he had not already conceded, which is what allowed you to play the card to remove the character from the FL, thus ending the hand.