Favorite DC Characters/Comics

Started by Palatinus, March 31, 2011, 02:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I am usually partial to Marvel comic heroes, but a few of my favorite characters ever are from DC.  Batman is probably my favorite comic not just because Batman is awesome, but because I like his supporting characters and related comics as well.  I like the Birds of Prey comics, Nightwing, Robin, and my favorite Batman derived character Azrael.  I think Superman is a pretty lame character, but I actually really liked the time when he was dead.  Most of the comics I had when I was a kid were from the death and return of Superman.

Ranerdar

As my avatar suggests, I'm partial to Green Arrow. Especially Kevin Smith's run, bringing Oliver back from the dead.

Most of my favorite characters are DC, cause I've always been partial to superheroes who aren't techincally "super" and DC has more of those than Marvel.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Palatinus

I really have enjoyed Green Arrow's comics at times.  Some of the older stuff back when he was teamed up with Hal Jordan was quite good.  The way the two of them played off of each other was quite interesting.  The ever-virtuous Hal having such a hard time coming to terms with the gray areas that Green Arrow would present was just great.  And of course the effect that Hal had on Green Arrow, pushing his boundaries in the kinds of things he could deal with as well as looking at things from a  broader perspective.

Also, I love Kevin Smith's comic book writing.  Also his movies, but I think he has a very creative mind when it comes to comics.  Lots of times he takes readers as well as other writers outside their comfort zone, but really, most comics have become so stagnant and full of rehash that it takes someone willing to shake things up to breathe new life into old characters.

The Dude

I was never a big DC fan but I loved Justice League International

bwhahahaha

My feet hurt, got to find a good podiatrist

Actually it's Khundian for . . .yes, the wolf.

Palatinus

Quote from: The Dude on April 10, 2011, 04:13:36 PM
I was never a big DC fan but I loved Justice League International

bwhahahaha

My feet hurt, got to find a good podiatrist

Actually it's Khundian for . . .yes, the wolf.

I think this went right over my head.

Kyle

The Watchmen is a great story. Loved it. And Transmetropolitan is wickedly awesome. In fact, everyone should read Transmet, dammit!

Palatinus

Quote from: Kyle on May 06, 2011, 09:52:41 PM
The Watchmen is a great story. Loved it. And Transmetropolitan is wickedly awesome. In fact, everyone should read Transmet, dammit!

On it!

Dark_Lord_Tarkas

(I used to be Karmanal of Zert here.)

gameplan.exe

I'm a little surprised I never posted on this thread  ???

Anyway, pretty much the only DC I've ever read, or cared to read, were from the Batman family. I don't know why, but the rest of the DC Universe just never held my attention very well.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Quote from: ncannelora on May 25, 2011, 07:00:08 PM
I'm a little surprised I never posted on this thread  ???

Anyway, pretty much the only DC I've ever read, or cared to read, were from the Batman family. I don't know why, but the rest of the DC Universe just never held my attention very well.

I've had a very similar experience.  Until recently.  I feel the recent writing of Batman is very poor.  I have been enjoying the new Batgirl comics though.

supercal

Batman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Sinestro
Green Arrow
Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter

and an honorable mention to Superboy Prime!

adamsonofwilliam

Favourite Heroes:
Batman and GL (Hal) are my faves and have been for years.  Nightwing often struck a chord too, and Superman was the first series I read.

Favourite Villians:
Sinestro is a great character.  I really dig most of Batman's rogue gallery.

Storyline:
The Long Halloween, done and done.