SUM DECK Rule

Started by gameplan.exe, January 28, 2011, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_noble_kaz

exactly two of their specials don't have fighting, three if you count Maverick's Marvels. Granted, that gives you two different ARs with two different icons as well as Wolverine's Tracking Senses. However, the odds of pulling a hand with six or more cards with a fighting icon are great. Your teamworks will probably all have fighting icons, and if you avoid using 1-5 multi you could have a few more cards. I'm not saying that this event is an automatic win, I'm just saying this deck doesn't scare me.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: a_noble_kaz on September 29, 2011, 06:13:55 PM
exactly two of their specials don't have fighting, three if you count Maverick's Marvels. Granted, that gives you two different ARs with two different icons as well as Wolverine's Tracking Senses. However, the odds of pulling a hand with six or more cards with a fighting icon are great. Your teamworks will probably all have fighting icons, and if you avoid using 1-5 multi you could have a few more cards. I'm not saying that this event is an automatic win, I'm just saying this deck doesn't scare me.

Even when I'm playing with 3 of these?

Quote* LEGACY REGRESSION (GI) <XM> {C}
        Maverick is not affected by Event cards for remainder of game.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

a_noble_kaz

probably especially if you're playing with three of those. that would be three cards, with the inherent risk of duplication, to counter a single, crippling event.
i'm just saying, that team seems a bad example of why we need the Sum Deck Rule.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: a_noble_kaz on September 30, 2011, 03:37:03 AM
probably especially if you're playing with three of those. that would be three cards, with the inherent risk of duplication, to counter a single, crippling event.
i'm just saying, that team seems a bad example of why we need the Sum Deck Rule.

Hey, I'm not saying it's the best example. Obviously, building something like...
Galactus, Beyonder, Spawn, Magneto
... would be pretty killer, too. But,like I said, I'll totally build this team and play with it tomorrow morning. It's your birthday, so say the word  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

Granted, it's not the best example, but I was looking pretty exclusivly at card advantage based on never having to lose cards to being unusable.  Ncann's example is better, as would be a team of Onslaught, Darkseid, Maelbolgia, Beyonder...  I was just looking at teams that people might actually consider building based on synergy, not just stat totals.  and I don't think I'd be all that scared of either of these teams either...  Too inconsistent.

steve2275

Quote from: Demacus on September 29, 2011, 05:08:17 PM
Imprisoned for Science would be a hindrance, but not all of their specials have a fighting Icon, even if their grids are fighting heavy.
if you got activators in your hand  you are screwed

thetrooper27

It might be fun to try with an 80 point total. 

I also liked the cost capping system of NEO.  Very neat, and allowed for a bigger range of teammates.  We used it for awhile, and really enjoyed playing with teams we were used to reading about.  I've come to terms with playing characters that you wouldn't likely ever see on the same team... Marvel vs. Capcom helped me appreciate that.  Having MegaMan on the same team with Gambit and Hulk makes sense when you're writing the story.  But I would, at times like to play a team that goes just a few points over 76. 

I remember someone once asked in a thread, though I don't remember which one, if you could build a team with no sum deck rule, who would be the best team?  I'm not a highly skilled deckbuilder, so I couldn't tell you who would make up the best OP squad/squads.  But I trust that you veterans have had this debate.  So...

Who's the best no sum deck total team?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Tussin

whats the consensus of using 3 stat characters with 4 stat characters? how many points do the 3 stats cost when mixing them in? does it save points? how is this worked?

Jack

Count the number of 4-stat Characters:

4 of them is 76 points.
3 of them is 72 points.
2 of them is 67 points.
1 of them is 62 points.
0 of them is 58 points.

BasiliskFang

anyone got more info on the NEO deck building rules?

Zer0evil

Quote from: BasiliskFang on May 01, 2017, 04:25:46 AM
anyone got more info on the NEO deck building rules?

What's NEO?
"Excelsior!" - that one old dude who shows up in all the Marvel movies.

BasiliskFang

No deck rule? Id use  galactus, inhumans, team x, beyonder

Photonicide

If I remember correctly, every team must have a homebase in NEO. Also, The stats on that team are awesome but it seems a little weak due to not having very many specials.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: Photonicide on August 20, 2018, 08:31:57 AM
If I remember correctly, every team must have a homebase in NEO. Also, The stats on that team are awesome but it seems a little weak due to not having very many specials.
bey gets 4 pools of specials: Wolverine, Sabretooth, inhumans and maverick

galy pops with the teamworks and 8888

inhumans have an 8 and 9 opd, 8e stat