Clones vs. Varients

Started by Demacus, August 06, 2011, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

18 points is a nice bump.  Maybe throw in a playable from reserve special for the team as well.  Offensive would be cool.  :D

Jesse

You know, I have to say this specifici matchup (Black King/HC) is one of my personal favorites  ;) but I do agree with the thought of not being able to play them together. I think they should have made a ruling that characters "from groups" cannot play on the same team as the group. Whether it be for playing purposes or "realism" etc. This would have been a good ruling IMO.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Palatinus

Quote from: Jesse on February 28, 2012, 08:27:14 AM

You know, I have to say this specifici matchup (Black King/HC) is one of my personal favorites  ;) but I do agree with the thought of not being able to play them together. I think they should have made a ruling that characters "from groups" cannot play on the same team as the group. Whether it be for playing purposes or "realism" etc. This would have been a good ruling IMO.

Well, I'm not sure this is a good fit for the game or in the context of comic books.  It's not as though every team's member roster in comics is static.  Also, the group dynamic of the team characters in Overpower does not necessarily represent every character being there all the time.  If it did, most of the team character's stats would be 8,8,8,8 or 7,7,7,7.  So, think about the Hellfire Club with the Black King on the same team representing a time when the Black King is actively fighting along side them as opposed to him being off doing something else or calling in sick that day.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on February 28, 2012, 08:45:09 AM
... a time when the Black King is ... calling in sick that day.

I know what you're saying, but the idea of Black King calling in sick has me rolling!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: Demacus on February 25, 2012, 05:08:04 AM
18 points is a nice bump.  Maybe throw in a playable from reserve special for the team as well.  Offensive would be cool.  :D
or perhaps
ANGEL
Teammate may avoid 1 attack of 9 or less. May be played while Angel is in Reserve.

Tussin

could someone make an updated list for this to clear it all up? i am getting started on some serious deck building combos :)

TheBradness

So Jean Grey and Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix fall under the same rule as Spiderman and Symbiote Spiderman and are NOT allowed on the same team because they are clones?

chuu

BasiliskFang

":" may not appear on the same team as the normal character. Clone. Beast: Brute, Havok: Mutant X, Strom: Bloodstorm. All 3 grid characters. Exception: Golden Age Wolverine.

The IA reading "may play ... specials" means variant. Black King, Doppleganger, Bastion, Dark Beast.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: BasiliskFang on March 26, 2014, 07:09:33 PM
The IA reading "may play ... specials" means variant. Black King, Doppleganger, Bastion, Dark Beast.

Except Golden Age Wolverine, for some stupid reason.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 26, 2014, 07:19:46 PM
Quote from: BasiliskFang on March 26, 2014, 07:09:33 PM

Except Golden Age Wolverine, for some stupid reason.
maybe he should have been called "Wolverine: Golden Age"