variants and battlesites

Started by breadmaster, October 02, 2011, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

can you have bastion on a team, when using outback as a site?

Jack

Yes, but you cannot have any Sentinels specials in your battlesite.
QuoteCharacters may use Battlesites that their Variants appear on.
EXAMPLE: A team with Beast on it may use Onslaught's Citadel or Morlock Tunnels as their Battlesite.
If Character on the Team has its Variant Character on its Battlesite, none of that Character's specials may be under the battlesite. In other words, cards that can be put into the deck may not be put under the Battlesite.
EXAMPLE: If Beast is on the player's team and Onslaught's Citadel is used as a Battlesite, no Beast specials may be underneath the Battlesite.

Source: http://www.oneperdeck.com/archive/wildchild/oprule-clone.html

steve2275

sorry
speaking of sites
how do u activate from the outback

a_noble_kaz

The same as any other avoid. I'm pretty sure Outback is the best battlesite in the game because of the sheer number of defensive specials. So if your frontline is Hulk, Juggernaut, H4H and Juggernaut is attacked, and you're holding a Jubes Activator, simply play her AD from Hulk. It's not really complicated. With our group, we treat ADs and AGs from a battlesite to be the same. There are some specials where it's important to specifically declare who is playing it.

If you played this from a battlesite, you would have to declare the CPC to satisfy what the card says.

gameplan.exe

CPS can be important with teammate avoids from Battlesites for 2 main reasons.
1. if you only have one character left (e.g. Juggernaut)
2. if your other character(s) can't play Specials (from a GA, FN, etc)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Funny how I called it CPC, but it was supposed to be CPS (character playing special). Edit your posts!

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on October 03, 2011, 03:28:40 PM
Funny how I called it CPC, but it was supposed to be CPS (character playing special). Edit your posts!

Don't yell at me! lol
(I thought it was character playing card)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

I figured that CPC could've been a bacronym to character playing card. Though in most contexts, it would be from a battlesite.