X-Men: Original Team Inherent/Battlesites

Started by gameplan.exe, March 29, 2012, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

will their Inherent ability prevent me from using a Battlesite that has Professor X on it?

Or will it only prevent me from using ProfessorX cards for the OPD under the Battlesite?

Or can I simply choose to omit ProfessorX cards from my Battlesite altogether?

Thanks in advance
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Since it's considered a clone, you are allowed to have X-Men on your team and Professor X on your battlesite. The caveat is that any legal specials that you can put into your deck cannot show up in the battlesite.

So, to answer your questions: No, Yes, Yes.

Jesse

Awesome question - I never would have guessed that we could do that.....sounds awesome.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

ah so i can indeed use stark enterprises with avengers mansion homebase (henry pym hulk thor vision)
and leave out cap specials

mattkoz

If Cap isn't one of the 4 characters on your team, you can use him in the battlesite even if his name also appears on the homebase.

thetrooper27

Quote from: mattkoz on March 29, 2012, 09:17:53 AM
If Cap isn't one of the 4 characters on your team, you can use him in the battlesite even if his name also appears on the homebase.

Is this true?

Quote from: Jack on March 29, 2012, 12:38:21 AM
Since it's considered a clone, you are allowed to have X-Men on your team and Professor X on your battlesite. The caveat is that any legal specials that you can put into your deck cannot show up in the battlesite.

Also, today, my friend built his deck using Xmen Original Team, and wanted to use Professor X specials in his battlesite.  All of them were non-OPD, and I actually came to this thread to ask if that was okay and here was this little thread.:)  I believe you Jack, but I was just wondering where that caveat is specified.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

You are allowed to use both a Homebase and Battlesite combination that have at least 1 common character. That's a given.
You can only build the Homebase team with the 5 (or less) remaining characters listed on the Homebase.

Confusion kicks in with Beast and Dark Beast. From the QNA, you are only allowed to put Beast specials in your deck.

QuoteQuestion: can you use beast on your team and dark beast in your site..or beta ray and thor etc......what are all the legalities to that and what cards can be used? (1997-12-14)

Answer: Characters which are not clones but can use the same cards: It is legal to have one on your team and one listed on your battlesite. However, if that is the case, you may NOT put Specials under the battlesite for that character. In other words, Beast can be on my team and I can use Onslaught's Citadel (with Dark Beast) as my battlesite - but I cannot then place Beast Specials under the battlesite or Dark Beast Activators in my deck (duh)

thetrooper27

With Professor X on Muir Island's battlesite, why can I use nonOPD specials that Xmen:Original Team aren't using?  The QNA doesn't allow you to play any Beast specials for the battlesite, even the ones Beast isn't using in the main deck? 

Would this change if Dark Beast were on your team and Beast was on the battlesite?  Could you then include Beast specials in your main deck and use Beast specials not in your main deck for your battlesite?

Jack

The keyword is legal specials. The non-OPD cannot be legally played by X-Men: OT.

thetrooper27

Tussin

i have something similar to ask...if i use
Team X ~ May play any Non-One-Per-Deck Wolverine, Sabretooth, or Maverick Special Cards. ~ on my team,
can i use Wolverine specials from a battlesite? and if so, does that mean access to all? or only OPD's since i get access to Non-OPD's in my deck?

Jack

Just Wolverine/Sabretooth/Maverick OPDs are allowed in the Battlesite.

Tussin