Upcoming Overpower Championships 2018

Started by zippa_head, April 05, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippa_head

I will be attaching the rules shortly that will be used for the tournament. Should be a lot easier to follow. Without having to deal with the meta rules. So no worries that way. It will be pretty descriptive.

Will be great to have you and your friends out Fractales.

Fractales

They are going to do it as part of my bachelor party...

zippa_head

Hello everyone. The link has been updated for the tournament flyer, I will post it here as well for ease.

Will be great to see everyone out who can make it.

Overpower Championships Flyer 2018
https://imgur.com/a/PCqikuJ

Thanks,
Dan

There is a link below to access the document for the rules for the tournament.

These are the rules that will be used with the upcoming Overpower Championships in Toronto this year. With great detail, the rules have been addressed to make the game easier to play for veterans and beginners. We want to get to the point where there is zero needed errata on any card in Overpower, and hoping to finish that completely next year. Any questions at all about the rules, feel free to contact me, they are lots of examples to eliminate confusion. These are the final rules that will be used for the tournament, and hopefully going forward with future tournaments as well. It increases fair play, and also allows for a much wider range of strategy. There should be little ambiguity which is what the game needs.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XqbCpBzJzf47UjKYSj-2cNc9IsmH34Js

Fractales

With BQ specials, does the rule that (unless explicitly stated) the retrieved card has to be usable by the character playing, it still apply?

If I go by your new rules, any card should be allowed to be retrieved (except Any Hero and Activators), right?

zippa_head

Depends on the bq special. Some of them say any 1 card from the dead pile. Some say not playable by thr character retrieving the special. So it depends which BQ special you are using. Still goes by the writing on the card. All of the BQs cant bring back any heroes or activators.