HC Specials - Beast... kind of broken?

Started by Demacus, October 09, 2011, 08:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

Here's one that I'm almost sure has never come up before...

If Beast plays Ambidexterity, then, on his next turn, he attacks with a 4M + a 7I + 3I basic universe, can he also use a 6S + 3, since he IS allowed to combine multiple basics?

Jack

Here's the tournament guide posting for this:
QuoteHC (Offensive) When this Special is played it allows the character to combine more than one Basic Universe card with a single power card to attack for the remainder of battle. The Universe card(s) must be played with a legal power card. (ie: you could not combine a fighting Basic Universe card with an energy power card) . The character must meet all the requirements of each Universe card. But if the character had the appropriate power grid, different types of Basic Universe cards could be combined with multipower cards. If multipower cards are used, opponent may defend as either power type. Basic Universe cards may not be combined for defense.

So yes, you can make a Frankenstein of an attack with 4M/7I+3/6S+3 (assuming you use a 4M that has 4 icons). It will act as both S and I attack for purposes of defense (Avoid 1 Strength/Intellect Attack).

Demacus

No kidding?  I totally thought that was going to come back as a "No way, jose" type situation...  Very cool indeed.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on October 10, 2011, 04:00:53 AM
since when can u attack with 2power cards at the same time?

You cannot, except the DW and BU Specials, but that's not what's at work here.

The Special mentioned above allows Beast to combine multiple basic universe cards with a single power card  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on October 10, 2011, 06:35:52 PM
Quote from: steve2275 on October 10, 2011, 04:00:53 AM
since when can u attack with 2power cards at the same time?

You cannot, except the DW and BU Specials, but that's not what's at work here.

The Special mentioned above allows Beast to combine multiple basic universe cards with a single power card  :)
now i see what jack was saying