Making the game just different

Started by Nightcrawler, June 07, 2008, 09:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightcrawler

Ways to make the game different:
1) Do not discard duplicates
2) Use more than four (4) heroes
3) Use one (1) front line hero, and (3) reserves
4) Change standard cumulative KO amount to nineteen (19)
5) Roll a die each battle to determine a certain trait that cannot be used during that battle (ex: "Darn. I rolled a three (3)! Now no one can play any Energy power cards this battle!)
6) Recycle all cards when deck is exhausted, rather than playing with a Power Pack
7) Cycle your heroes' traits each battle (ex: during battle one (1), Hawkeye's stats are 1/7/4. During battle two (2), his stats are 4/1/7)
8) Play as if no hero can be Cumulative KO'd
9) Play as if no hero can be Spectral KO'd
10) Play all attacking cards face down, forcing opponent to guess their values and attempt to defend himself.
11) Play in the nude

Try all of these simultaneously for a real thrill.

Demacus

I had a version of OP I created back in the day.  It was essentially a 1-on-1 senario.  No venture.  No Spectrum KO.  Characters have 30 pts to Cum Ko.  You build a 20 card deck for your hero. All Non-OPD specials are treated as though they are OPD.  You are only allowed 1 true OPD special in the deck.  You are not allowed any "Any Character" specials.  No Battlesites.  All cards are recycled.  For a kick, each player can build teams, each hero going in one at a time.  You can choose to use a Homebase to base your team of characters on with this version, or simply go with as many characters as you both agree on.  When one is KO'ed, the winner reshuffles and the loser brings in his next hero.