Battle Chasers

Started by Jesse, March 06, 2012, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Has anyone ever read the Battle Chasers GN?

A friend of mine tossed it to me a few months ago and it was a pretty good read. I was just curious if anyone else has ever read it?
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Kal-el

I read it as it came out in the late 90s. Spent far more money than I'd like to admit hunting down the first few issues.

Probably haven't looked at them in over ten years. Not even sure what box they're in.

Really loved it when it came out, but I was fifteen at the time so not sure how it would stand up now. Still love Joe Mad's art though and wish he hadn't left comics.

Demacus

I just wish he'd have finished the damn story.  lol  I think I still have all the Battle Chaser books, but I might have just sold them.  I'm not even sure anymore.  I enjoyed the story, but not to the point that I remember any of it.  Something about were-wolf type creatures attacking the girl's home, a mystic jail-break, and a hot ass pirate.

Jesse

Quote from: Kal-el on March 06, 2012, 01:25:31 PM
I read it as it came out in the late 90s. Spent far more money than I'd like to admit hunting down the first few issues.

Probably haven't looked at them in over ten years. Not even sure what box they're in.

Really loved it when it came out, but I was fifteen at the time so not sure how it would stand up now. Still love Joe Mad's art though and wish he hadn't left comics.

Yeah - it's still pretty good compared to today's comics (IMO) As soon as I finished reading it I asked him for the next volume and he said "there isn't one." My only thought was "seriously, you got me started on a set that you know was never finished." But the artwork alone was pretty darn good - way better than a lot of today's books.

Quote from: Demacus on March 06, 2012, 01:28:05 PM
I just wish he'd have finished the damn story.  lol  I think I still have all the Battle Chaser books, but I might have just sold them.  I'm not even sure anymore.  I enjoyed the story, but not to the point that I remember any of it.  Something about were-wolf type creatures attacking the girl's home, a mystic jail-break, and a hot ass pirate.

I agree a thousand times over - finishing it would be great. Add in some details and you do have the basic gyst of what happened in the books were-creatures, molly hayes type of girl and the random hot pirate......Still a great story

I actually made an Overpower set for these guys but I am having a lot of trouble cleaning it up - once I get it setup I will post it...for the heck of it.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Kal-el on March 06, 2012, 01:25:31 PM

By far and away, he's my favorite comic artist of all time! not even close!! I still use the original TW cards, simply because his art is on them  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 06, 2012, 01:50:25 PM
By far and away, he's my favorite comic artist of all time! not even close!! I still use the original TW cards, simply because his art is on them  ;D

That's awesome  8)

Nate Grey

I remember Battle Chasers fondly.  :) Man was I excited when it first came out. I was a HUGE fan of JoeMad's art and waited anxiously for each new issue. Such a shame it never got finished. I still have them in a box somewhere. Might just dust them off and check them out again.

thetrooper27

Best part was when Garrison cut his hair off, closed his locket, and broke his promise.  Snp snp snip snip.

I remember a few years ago, I thought to myself how cool it would be for Humberto Ramos (my favorite) and Chris Bachalo to do XMEN.  Maybe a year later, I got my wish.  If you want something bad enough, sometimes it happens.  Joe Madureira knows how much everyone wants that story finished.  Deep down, I think he knows that he let alot of fans down.  Wish and wait... you never know what you'll get.  I'm still hoping someone brings back Maggot and writes him cool.  He was pretty awesome at first, then they just... stopped making him cool.  No one knows why.  Marrow, too.  Still wishing for these two to come back cool.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster