Phoenix KO

Started by Palatinus, April 27, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Quote from: Jesse on April 27, 2012, 04:31:32 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on April 27, 2012, 04:14:51 PM
If anything Meta 104 implies the opposite.  See where it says "(and the K.O. takes effect)" implying that it might not happen even after being initiated.

Maybe there is something on top of the Meta that rules the way BBH is saying - like a tournament guide, like you said earlier.....but I agree 100% it does not state that you cannot keep her if you reverse her death......

Right, and what if the killing blow were a special?  If you negated that offensively after it happened, doesn't negating it mean it never happened?

Jesse

Quote from: Palatinus on April 27, 2012, 04:34:35 PM
Right, and what if the killing blow were a special?  If you negated that offensively after it happened, doesn't negating it mean it never happened?

You would think so - but I've been wrong before!  ;)
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Nostalgic

ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jesse

Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Demacus

Nostalgic

New thought or question on this topic.

What if phoenix was cumulative or spectrum KO'd and through a battlesite played a CG or EK special before the battle was over? 

Similarly, if the 'Alien Creatures Rampages' event is in play and a character is KO'd but plays one of those specials before the end of battle would that 'save' them?  They are not removing a hit but changing their KO conditions, albeit after KO.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jack

There is nothing that allows a KO to be undone. One you meet the conditions to KO, the grim reaper is holding their hand and either drags them away or waits for their inherent. He doesn't go away.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on October 16, 2013, 03:15:15 PM
There is nothing that allows a KO to be undone. Once you meet the conditions to KO, the grim reaper is holding their hand and either drags them away or waits for their inherent. He doesn't go away.

right, the KO status cannot be "undone," but there are a few ways to revive someone. the cards that allow this, though, are pretty clear and have nothing (directly, anyway) to do with Phoenix's I.A. or the Event mentioned.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27