Thing: Aunt Petuna (FA)

Started by DarKBladE09, November 17, 2012, 09:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rucker73

No.  You can only shift an attack to a viable front line target.
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on November 22, 2012, 07:59:13 AM
No.  You can only shift an attack to a viable front line target.

Actually, under official rules you can shift an attack to a character who's been blocked off - the attack is shifted 'behind' the special in play. The opponent can't choose to target them, but you can shift attacks to them.

-BBH

joe_fixit

Quote from: Steino on November 21, 2012, 12:43:54 PM
I like the idea of challenging some of the Meta Rules.  I agree that it seems like they were a counter-intuitive way to "fix" problems.

Why should the Meta Rules be set in stone?  They were added and I imagine amended as needed to solve problems.  The official rules committee left the game over 10 years ago.  The players haven't.

It would be nice if a committee was set up to look over some of the rulings and maybe change some, remove some or even add some new ones.

This is probably not where I should post this topic so I apologize in advance. I've been reading some of the older posts and one topic that seems to come up a lot are the meta rules and how they often complicate the game instead of correcting it's flaws. Can somebody tell me who wrote the meta rules and why does the current OverPower community still adhere to them instead of amending the ones that obviously need it? The game has been "dead" for years now except for communities like this one that keep it alive via tournaments and get togethers so there would be no opposition to making the necessary changes.

That last paragraph should not have been a quote. Sorry, I'm new at this.