professor x BG

Started by breadmaster, January 21, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

team +2 to all actions FROB

i know i can play this offensively combined with an attack.

is there a list of cards i can't play it with? 

ex: can i play it with:

teamwork?
double shot?
AE special combined with power card?
other universe?

also, if i combine it with something like say, longshots 1 in a million (can only be defended by a 3), can the entire attack now be defended by negating the +2?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on January 21, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

teamwork?
double shot?
other universe?

also, if i combine it with something like say, longshots 1 in a million (can only be defended by a 3), can the entire attack now be defended by negating the +2?

I don't know about combining with a doubleshot, but I'm pretty sure the rest are valid.

on the second part, i AM sure that you can negate the BG to nullify the 3F from Longshot. this would be consistent with the fact that a Power card +BG can be negated to defend the whole attack, which is just like negating an AE-combined with a Power card.

I think that's why most people play them defensively... easy to defend offensively
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: breadmaster on January 21, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

teamwork?
double shot?
other universe?

You can't play it WITH things like Teamworks, Doubleshots etc... but if already in play it still affects them.

You CAN play it with other specials, though, even ones belonging to teammates.

Cards played together essentially share properties - so if you play the BG with One in a Million, your opponent can't negate it, because he must still meet the requirements to defend the One In a Million.

At least, that would be my interpretation. Any contradiction to that would be most insanely stupid.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 22, 2013, 09:32:53 PM
You can't play it WITH things like Teamworks, Doubleshots etc... but if already in play it still affects them.

You CAN play it with other specials, though, even ones belonging to teammates.

Cards played together essentially share properties - so if you play the BG with One in a Million, your opponent can't negate it, because he must still meet the requirements to defend the One In a Million.

At least, that would be my interpretation. Any contradiction to that would be most insanely stupid.

first of all, i forgot that Meta Rule #35 addresses those first ones very clearly  :-[

secondly, I figured the "shared-properties" would kinda go the other way, like it would lose it's "unblockable" properties... not that I'm in favor of that, but I figured it would go that route like a lot of other wet-blanket-rules.

So, having said that, I REALLY like the idea of getting the BG into play offensively with a tough-to-block Special!  :D

----------------------

so, i'm perusing the Meta Rules again, and I come up on Meta Rule #93, and I think it means that a BG+JZ (for example) can still be negated... This rule is listed with the negates (I was reviewing the DO code), and it makes sense to me... where is the rule written about Specials sharing properties?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27