Parallax Zero hour

Started by AO user, April 01, 2014, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

"Play during battle. At the end of the battle, all Hits from The Current Battle for all characters are discarded and not added to the
            Permanent Record."  if read literally this sounds like an event, affecting BOTH players.  However if it is just for parallax's team does it undo KO's from that battle?  does it have its effect BEFORE venture is counted?  If so that is a game changing card!  am I reading it right?

TheBradness

When I have always played it, I have treated it like an Event, my argument being that if it was just for my team, it would say "...all Hits from The Current Battle for Parallax's team are discarded...

The only argument I could make (and it's thin), is that if you had him paired with someone like The Hand, and played "Kirigi" during that battle.  That might be an instance where a KO is not immediate, and I could see how playing "Zero Hour" would prevent a hero from being KO'd.

BigBadHarve

Once a character is KO'd, removing the hits won't bring them back. So Zero Hour won't save a dead character, even one that is allowed to continue (IE: Hand or Phoenix).

The card also doesn't affect venture, venture is tabulated before you move hits to permanent record (or in this case not move them)

Zero hour DOES affect all characters, not just your own team. Much like The Kree's Colonel Yon Rogg also affects both sides.

AO user

when and where would this card have a use?   sounds like you both pulled its teeth out!

BigBadHarve

You can use it to heal your guys, if you are able to strategically absorb hits so they don't die. Using Vertigo or Image Inducer would accomplish this.

You would, ideally, design your deck around this strategy.

AO user