Blue Beetle - Frictionless Foam

Started by rucker73, January 21, 2011, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rucker73

Opponent must discard all placed universe cards and is -3 to venture total.

How is this not a OPD.  It is better than Cyclops' ground blast when you add in the venture effect.

Does anyone know if there was ever an adjustment made to this card or is it actually still a non OPD?
"Wade! into action!"

Jack

Best card in the game, leave it alone!

Though, I would imagine that the card was supposed to say Basic Universe cards.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on January 21, 2011, 06:19:42 PM
Opponent must discard all placed universe cards and is -3 to venture total.

How is this not a OPD.  It is better than Cyclops' ground blast when you add in the venture effect.

Does anyone know if there was ever an adjustment made to this card or is it actually still a non OPD?

Officially, they turned it into "Discard all placed Ally cards, and -3 to venture" Then in the final year before OP was disbanded they undid that errata and declared that it is played as written. I guess the logic being that it makes Blue Beetle that much more appealing and makes him a tougher character.

-BBH

Hot Rod

This is kinda like Ka'Zar's EN vs X-Men Original Team's EN.  I don't know if Ka'Zar's version is eratta'd or not, but they are the same card, just with one being an OPD.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: HotRod on January 22, 2011, 08:32:37 PM
This is kinda like Ka'Zar's EN vs X-Men Original Team's EN.  I don't know if Ka'Zar's version is eratta'd or not, but they are the same card, just with one being an OPD.

Ka-Zar's card never had an errata applied to it. Not that it really needed it, I never used more than one in a deck anyway. Although, I've been looking at Savage Land as a potential Battlesite, and it's not bad, so I'm glad this card isn't OPD.

-BBH

Jesse

Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 22, 2011, 01:55:52 AM
Officially, they turned it into "Discard all placed Ally cards, and -3 to venture" Then in the final year before OP was disbanded they undid that errata and declared that it is played as written. I guess the logic being that it makes Blue Beetle that much more appealing and makes him a tougher character.

-BBH

I missed a lot of OP rulings in the last few years of its life; did they do this a lot with the eratta? i.e. undo what they eratta'd....just curious
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 24, 2011, 11:35:01 AM

Ka-Zar's card never had an errata applied to it. Not that it really needed it, I never used more than one in a deck anyway. Although, I've been looking at Savage Land as a potential Battlesite, and it's not bad, so I'm glad this card isn't OPD.

-BBH

I'm adjusting a team right now using Savage Land as the Battlesite. My problem IRL is that I only have 1 Ka-Zar activator  :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on April 03, 2012, 02:45:30 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 24, 2011, 11:35:01 AM

-BBH

I'm adjusting a team right now using Savage Land as the Battlesite. My problem IRL is that I only have 1 Ka-Zar activator  :-\

Once I finish sorting through things, I may have some extras - if I do I will let you know if you're still interested in a few more.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on April 04, 2012, 04:42:41 AM
why not use his specials to act as activators?
i do that with scarlet witch

I have a pretty good printing method, I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it. Before I had this method of printing, I did, in fact, use Specials for activators - it's a good proxy method.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on April 04, 2012, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: steve2275 on April 04, 2012, 04:42:41 AM
why not use his specials to act as activators?
i do that with scarlet witch

I have a pretty good printing method, I'm just lazy and haven't gotten around to it. Before I had this method of printing, I did, in fact, use Specials for activators - it's a good proxy method.

I know that feeling. I've had full "sticker sheets" for over a month now to attempt printing my cards and I just dont have the motivation to do it when I actually have the time...

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on April 04, 2012, 01:52:33 PM
I know that feeling. I've had full "sticker sheets" for over a month now to attempt printing my cards and I just dont have the motivation to do it when I actually have the time...

well, it doesn't help that my usual group of players haven't been playing. I'm not sure the last time we got more than 2 of us together at once  :-\
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27