JO and Beyonder

Started by AO user, June 25, 2014, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

Can  Mordo's  bargain life force change Beyonder's grid for "remainder of the game" making him a double 8?  Can the big B use that with an activator?  My first Beyonder deck had Mr F as the sole 8.  I had in my mind " I have 2 8's"  with teammate avoids but when Richards got KO'd the game went south.  I'm trying to avoid Energy 8's like Xman/prof / magneto but the sum deck rule is twisting my arm.

breadmaster

seems legit

of course, to put those power cards/tws in the deck, someone already must be able to use them, which beyonder can copy anyways. 

could work as a back up plan though

BasiliskFang

i would say yes.

can you use an artifact on beyonder?

AO user

I was wondering about 7 grid artifacts like serpent crown and beyonder but it dawned on me when playing out the mechanic: it won't work.  Mojo is six or higher requirement to play crown but beyonder is already 6 and not the five or less required.  Anyone who can play the enhancement artifact has ALREADY raised his grid so beyonder can't be recipient. Kinda like a möbius strip or I think that's how it plays out.

Tussin

since its a non opd, you could use this as an activator, or you could have Baron Mordo on your team to boost himself to double 8's which transfer to Beyonder, but leaves a weak link if killed, or you could play both on your team, have Mordo place the special and have Beyonder activate the artifact Linkstone

* 6I 6A LINKSTONE <IM> {VR}
On his turn, Teammate may discard 1 card from top of Draw Pile to Dead Pile to immediately play any card Placed to any Front Line character.