more about new universe (EN)

Started by breadmaster, July 03, 2014, 08:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr brown

back to the point that new universe is an attack. can not be in hand and pass on your turn, since new universe affects both players and all ventured cards it is more of a neutral card vs an offense or defensive card. i think it should be allowed to be held in hand and pass on your turn.

AO user

I WISH I could pass.  I learned that rule during peace bridge tourney when I was ahead on venture and would have won the game but I had to concede cuz it was in my hand.  If someone ventured for the win and spent all or most of their placed cards to make sure that they got the venture and the win and you play new universe, that would kick them in the teeth:  they were all in and now they are spent.  that IS offensive. any other tales or opinions?

chuu

Fortress has hurt me or been useless to me more often than it's helped me, it's one of those annoying MUST place cards :(

joe_fixit

If it cannot be placed are you allowed to pitch it during the discard phase even though it is not an unusable card? If I was confident I was going to win venture and I had nowhere to put it is that a legal play?

Jack

That's always been a question that I still don't have a proper answer to, can you discard cards in your hand that aren't duplicate/unusable?.

There's no precedence for that currently. I would say no, you cannot discard usable cards. You can, in theory, make it unusable by venturing 3+ cards in the battle.

chuu

but then you go ahead and let your opponent draw another card which in a close venture situation would end up biting you in the ass...

damned if you do damned if you don't.

mr brown

no air in the neutral card status? is there any card considered not to be classed as an attack or defense/heal?

breadmaster

well, cards are either offensive, defensive, or both

all attacks are offensive, but not all offensive acts are attacks

for example, you could pass with a draw 3, or web headed wizard, but they now become unusable.  once you pass, your only offensive options are to pass again, or concede.