Dr. Strange - CK - Necromancy

Started by Tussin, July 22, 2014, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

Meta #96: Characters resurrected via a Special are automatically K.O.'d after the end of the battle. Therefore, if such a resurrected Character is the last Character standing and that Character manages to K.O. the opposing team or complete the team's Mission then that player is the winner.

just wanting to make sure before i try this combo for my deck... not major if it can't legally but would be cool if so.

so ideally New Warriors would already be dead, i play the Dr.Strange special to revive them next battle, if they don't get killed normally, would this trigger a KO according to this meta ruling?

i know with the Infinity Gauntlet it won't work, you have to force a death or it is discarded, not KO'ed.

this combo by itself is almost pointless, since you would be deck thinning and losing 2 possible cards from deck at end of the turn... but if you ran a deck with a recycle, image inducer or deck that can retrieve cards from dead pile etc it could be a side tactic.

AO user

When I asked about Carleton witch IA with this card and consensus was. It would throw -5 at opponent before discard AT END of battle.

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/venture/scarlet-witch's-ia/msg20355/#msg20355

New warriors IA would have you draw cards AFTER battle ended?  That won't help...

AO user

From the wiki " If the player already has three front-line Characters, then he will play this Battle with four front line Characters"

department_J

If you used that Dr. Strange special to resurrect New Warriors next battle, and then during the draw phase, you got that event from The Crossing that makes you instantly KO a hero, could you select New Warriors and sort of loop-hole your way out of KOing someone for that event?

chuu

If Dr.Strange's CK special activates before the draw phase in the next battle then ya, you could KO the New Warriors to meet the Crossing's event requirement. I think it would take a lot of planning and luck to do it though.

department_J

So you could do it with Infinity Gauntlet, right? It lets you do the resurrection before events are played.

Anyone see a problem with this? Has anyone done it?

Some luck would be involved because you would have to have a character KO'd, and have the Gauntlet in play before getting the event. You could gamble and go super-ruthless, allowing one character to die.