(MF) Beyonder Combo

Started by Tussin, November 02, 2014, 01:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

so say if i used Linkstone on this special and played it from Beyonder, if i selected another teammate, would they get access to all specials like Beyonder? :)

Jack

That would be illegal. Specials played through Linkstone are still 'played' and Beyonder may not play OPD.

However, from a theoretical point of view, say you played it from Storm: Neutralized. Target Teammate will only get access to Storm's specials and not Morlocks.

Tussin

thank you Jack, i was just contemplating something new to exploit. i am guessing it would be the same to any other character with an innate to play other peoples specials IE Team X, Black King, Superpatriot, Deathbird, etc.

AO user

Does that mean beyonder cannot play guardian or any other any character specials?

Jack

Quote from: AO user on November 03, 2014, 07:41:09 AM
Does that mean beyonder cannot play guardian or any other any character specials?
Pretty much. He can only play Alien Symbiote.

breadmaster

yep.  it was a slight issue with my tournament team, since I used beyonder with anys

fortunately, the only card that really hinders you is indeed guardian (and possibly shift, if you wanted to shift to beyonder).  negate, shift and confusion can all be played by other characters to protect beyonder, and the other cards are all offensive (only the 4f aa is slightly diminished)

it would have been interesting if my round 8 match with dave was on camera.  I was down to beyonder and fantastic, and reed had 2 hits on him.  dave had the 'no blocking level 1s' event, with a 1 placed that would spectrum fantastic.  I was going 1st, with dow in hand.  the choice was play dow, and lose fantastic, or concede the round, and lose dow (something else was placed on T.O.)  I chose to play dow, and went on to lose the match.  in that instance, I made the wrong choice, but I've since wondered what the percentages are.  I don't recall how many teamworks or opds were played, so it's hard to say