Hellfire Club - Madelyne Pryor

Started by Wolverine1, January 06, 2015, 10:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolverine1

I have a question about this card. It is code HI which gives the Hellfire Club the ability to play any Jean Grey specials for the remainder of the game. My question is why is this a One Per Deck when the three other HI cards for other characters are not? The other characters that have this special are Hobgoblin, Dazzler and Psycho Man. Any info is appreciated!

chuu

That is a question for the ages...maybe they thought that it would actually be a good pairing...it's not...I've tried it with terrible results...

Wolverine1

Tried what exactly?

Also, just looking at another case of this issue where for some characters a special is OPD and others it is not. The EB special is OPD for Beast, Nick Fury and Jean Grey, but not for Aquaman, Brood, Captain Britain, Darkseid, Multiple Man, Multiple Man, Polaris, Silver Sable and Taskmaster. What is the reasoning behind this???

chuu

I tried pairing jean grey and he'll fire club on a team together.

The EB is easy, opd are active for remainder of game until hit while non opd EBs are discarded at the end of the battle.

OP3

Quote from: Wolverine1 on January 07, 2015, 11:37:30 PM
Also, just looking at another case of this issue where for some characters a special is OPD and others it is not. The EB special is OPD for Beast, Nick Fury and Jean Grey, but not for Aquaman, Brood, Captain Britain, Darkseid, Multiple Man, Multiple Man, Polaris, Silver Sable and Taskmaster. What is the reasoning behind this???

The OPD versions of the EB last for the remainder of game.  The non-OPD versions only for the battle.  Captain Britain's specifically states it lasts FROG, but I would guess it's non-OPD as it only works against Specials, not any attacks like Jean's or Beast's.  Fury's looks like a victim of power creep because it only works on attacks made against him specifically.

AO user

Multiple man -power cards and cap Britain -specials and Polaris MARVEL SET EBs are FROGs since the text says so LITERALLY even though they are non- opd... At least they were last time this kicked around the forum.

OP3

Ya, that's what I was getting at.  Those ones last FROG because they say so.  But the ones that don't say (Aquaman's, Brood's, Darkseid's) are only FROB.

AO user

Since that ruling I give sabretooth's OPD a lot more love/ use.