Rhino: Scare Tactics

Started by department_J, January 19, 2015, 11:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

department_J

It says "play when opponent's hero is KO'ed." Does this mean I need to use a turn to pay it, or just play it right after my opponent accpets the killing blow? Obviously if that is the case, if my opponent sees it placed, they will concede after I get the KO, preventing me from playing it. Any ruling/thoughts on this?

chuu

ya, this is one of those useless cards that OP is plagued with...

department_J

Well that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

Jack

cyber0820

I don't understand how the opponent can concede mid hand? If you Ko their character before they play their first card of the hand... ok but mid hand? I was under the impression that you may concede only on your turn before you play your first card of the hand but after if you have offensive cards in hand you must play them? Maybe I have the wrong interpretation...

Jack

You may concede on your turn, regardless of what actions are available to you.

You cannot pass if you have any cards that can be played from your hand.

cyber0820

Huh... guess I had a blended wrong rule from two correct lol. Thanks for the double explanation Jack.

department_J

Quote from: Jack on January 19, 2015, 06:46:30 PM
You may concede on your turn, regardless of what actions are available to you.

That's why I'm saying this card sucks. If you KO a character, and your opponent sees Scare Tactics placed on Rhino, they will probably concede so they can bring the reserve up. That card is garbage.

OP3

Also, if you draw it after the Reserve is already up, it has to be discarded as unuseable.  You're right, a total garbage card.