Morph's Power Mimic (DY)

Started by poneill378, March 30, 2015, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poneill378

Could anyone tell me how this special is interpreted? Is it any special in my deck/dead pile/power pack, does it include my opponent's?

I can imagine tons of restrictions...

BigBadHarve

Any visible card that's 'on the table'

Which means - placed on a character (yours or your opponents) or actively in play. Hits to current battle, or permanent record are 'in play.' Or lasting effects like EB specials, or DoW... etc.

This does not include cards that have been played and gone away. Cards in the dead pile are not eligible. Likewise you can't mimic cards in the draw pile. Basically, the card must be visible.

mr brown

placed cards can be mimic too.

AO user

so...if you have a special on top of dead pile face up?  BTW if you met me, you know I can reach!  :P

poneill378

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was wondering (as AO User mentioned) if I could play a card, then power mimic it on my next turn.

i.e. Play a Draw 3, it goes to dead pile, next turn play Power Mimic to draw 3 again.

or...

Play an avoid/negate and Power Mimic the avoid for my next defensive action.

BigBadHarve

You could do it the other way around.

If your draw 3 is placed to a character, you can play the Power Mimic to copy it, then play the real one on your next turn. Likewise with the avoid/negate.

But you couldn't do it if the card to be copied was in your hand, or already in the dead pile.

poneill378

Alright, thanks. I think I got it. Definitely not as powerful of a card as I had thought it would be, but I might still use it.

BigBadHarve

It's definitely a worthy card. You can copy anything in sight. Including opponent's cards.

Kyoujin

In the past, a few of us have discussed using Morph in Reserve with Mimic in the hopes your opponent is running a Reserve with avoids (Dr. Strange, Silver Sable, etc).  It's a VERY useful card. 

Jack

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 31, 2015, 06:46:40 PM
It's definitely a worthy card. You can copy anything in sight. Including opponent's cards.
Special cards only.

BigBadHarve

steve2275

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 31, 2015, 05:50:13 PM
If your draw 3 is placed to a character, you can play the Power Mimic to copy it, then play the real one on your next turn.
i like that idea
especially if you opponent cant concede
draw 6 card (no whammies)

AO user

I have original Morph as reserve in a beyonder deck.  his non-old power beyonder chains and his opd is substitute death.  I had never thought of Power Miimic in deck since I can only place one.  but Kyoujin's post about copying a special whose text says "can play from reserve"  makes it deck worthy for avoids etc.  Nice!  I'll have to look at events that allow reserve to attack, defend or move forward for the battle to extend its reach.

Jack

I don't think playing DY in the reserve is legal.

AO user

That makes sense , jack.  The text of card copied says "play from reserve" but morph cannot play from reserve to activate that phrase.  Like a catch -22